Subject: Protocol Action: 'Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Authorization for Network Access Server (NAS) Management' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 09:40:21 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Authorization for 
   Network Access Server (NAS) Management '
   <draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization-07.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies RADIUS attributes for authorization and
service provisioning of Network Access Server (NAS) management.
Both local and remote management are supported, with granular access 
rights and management privileges. Specific provisions are made for 
remote management via framed management protocols, and for 
specification of a protected transport protocol. 

Working Group Summary

There have been 2 WGLCs on the document. Much of the discussion on
the document has centered around the model for provisioning of 
protected transports, as well as the different remote administration
mechanisms (secure and insecure) to be supported. There has also
been discussion of the relationship between Framed Management 
(introduced in this draft) and the pseudo-TTY management model 
supported in RFC 2865.

Document Quality

The document was reviewed by the Juergen Schenwaelder for the ISMS WG and
by Vijay Gurbani for Gen-ART. 

Personnel

Bernard Aboba is the PROTO-shepherd, and Dan Romascanu is the responsible
AD.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:48:11 +0200

Congratulations to the editors, chairs and to the whole WG for the
approval of this document. 

Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:40 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; radext mailing list; radext chair; RFC
Editor
Subject: Protocol Action: 'Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service
(RADIUS) Authorization for Network Access Server (NAS) Management' to
Proposed Standard 

   Network Access Server (NAS) Management '
   <draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization-07.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-management-authori
zation-07.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies RADIUS attributes for authorization and service
provisioning of Network Access Server (NAS) management.
Both local and remote management are supported, with granular access
rights and management privileges. Specific provisions are made for
remote management via framed management protocols, and for specification
of a protected transport protocol. 

Working Group Summary

There have been 2 WGLCs on the document. Much of the discussion on the
document has centered around the model for provisioning of protected
transports, as well as the different remote administration mechanisms
(secure and insecure) to be supported. There has also been discussion of
the relationship between Framed Management (introduced in this draft)
and the pseudo-TTY management model supported in RFC 2865.

Document Quality

The document was reviewed by the Juergen Schenwaelder for the ISMS WG
and by Vijay Gurbani for Gen-ART. 

Personnel

Bernard Aboba is the PROTO-shepherd, and Dan Romascanu is the
responsible AD.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce