Subject: [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dekok-radext-dtls-01]

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 18:55:13 +0200

I've updated the DTLS document prior to the call for tomorrow.  I
don't expect to discuss it in the call, but it might be relevant to the
RadSec discussions.

  Alan DeKok.

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-dekok-radext-dtls-01
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 09:53:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new version of I-D, draft-dekok-radext-dtls-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by Alan DeKok and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-dekok-radext-dtls
Revision:	 01
Title:		 DTLS as a Transport Layer for RADIUS
Creation_date:	 2009-06-09
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 17

Abstract:
The RADIUS protocol [RFC2865] has limited support for authentication
and encryption of RADIUS packets.  The protocol transports data "in
the clear", although some parts of the packets can have "hidden"
content.  Packets may be replayed verbatim by an attacker, and
client-server authentication is based on fixed shared secrets.  This
document specifies how the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
protocol may be used as a solution to these problems.  It also
describes how this proposal can co-exist with current RADIUS systems.

The IETF Secretariat.