Subject: Crypto-agility requirements: RADIUS service (from Issue 303)

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:06:54 -0700

In Issue 303, Pasi Eronen said:

""RADIUS service?"

Section 4.3 says "For example, proposals SHOULD NOT [..] include
definition of new RADIUS services."

What's a RADIUS service -- i.e. what types of proposals this
definition would disqualify? (In RFC 2865, "service" is defined as the
service provided by the NAS to the user, but that definition doesn't
seem applicable here.)"

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:36:35 -0700

One proposal for fixing this would be to change "definition of new RADIUS services" to "definition of new values of the Service-Type attribute".  

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Crypto-agility requirements:  RADIUS service (from Issue 303)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:06:54 -0700

""RADIUS service?"