Subject: [radext] #46: B.3

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 07:41:51 -0000

#46: B.3
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  design                     |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document      |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Since this is a security attribute and is encrypted, code changes are
    required on the RADIUS client and server to support it, regardless of
    the attribute format.  Therefore, this complex data type is
    acceptable in this situation.

 [BA] The design of the Tunnel-Password attribute goes against the
 recommendations in the Security Considerations section, so suggesting that
 this attribute is acceptable doesn't make sense.

 Recommended change:

    Since this is a security attribute, code changes are
    required on the RADIUS client and server to support it, regardless of
    the attribute format.  However, while use of a complex data type is
    acceptable in this situation, the design of the Tunnel-Password
 attribute is problematic from a security perspective, since it uses MD5 as
 a cipher, and provides a password to a NAS, potentially without proper
 authorization.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/46>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:29:14 -0000

#46: B.3
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  major                      |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  design                     |      Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document      |   Resolution:  fixed     
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/46#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>