Subject: [radext] #48: B.6

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:48:35 -0000

#48: B.6
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  design                     |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document      |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 This attribute contains no encrypted component, and is it not
    directly involved in authentication.  The individual sub-fields could
    therefore have been encapsulated in separate attributes.

    Since the form of the text string is well defined, there is no
    benefit in using a text string.  Instead, an integer attribute should
    have been assigned for each of the transmit speed and the receive
    speed.  A separate enumerated integer should have been assigned for
    the additional information, as was done with the NAS-Port-Type
    attribute.

 [BA] The text in RFC 2869 Section 5.11 refers to ITU-T efforts relating to
 connect strings.  This indicates that the authors thought of the Connect-
 Info attribute as an "opaque data" defined by ITU-T.  Given this, the
 attribute could qualify for an exception.  Recommended change:

    This attribute contains no encrypted component, and is it not
    directly involved in authentication.  The individual sub-fields could
    therefore have been encapsulated in separate attributes.

    However, since the definition refers to potential standardization
 activity within ITU, the Connect-Info attribute can also be thought of
 opaque data whose definition is provided elsewhere.  The Connect-Info
 attribute could therefore qualify for an exception as described in Section
 3.2.3.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/48>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:06:59 -0000

#48: B.6
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:  aland@…                  
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new                      
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1               
Component:  design                     |     Version:  1.0                      
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document      |    Keywords:                           
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

  * owner:  => aland@…

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/48#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>