Subject: Updated copy of the design guidelines document

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:29:26 +0200

I've submitted a new version of the design guidelines document, based
on recent feedback.

  The changes are:

- clarify "TLV encoding" versus "data format" as per Avi's review

  This required a series of minor changes throughout the document.

- add Dave Nelson's overview of the different attributes to
  the "introduction" section.

  This required significant re-writes of that section.

- Added Bernard's suggested text from
  http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/2010/msg00277.html

  As the introduction section had been re-written, the text
  was no longer appropriate for that section.  Instead, it was
  added to Section 3.3.3.

- added Terminology of "standard space" and "vendor space"

  We may want to add terminology of "TLV encoding" and "data format".

- audited the document for consistency

- changed a few "... needs to..." into SHOULD.  The "needs to" text
  is ambiguous, in that it makes suggestions without using RFC2119 text.

- Added Section A.1.4 allowing data types from Appendix B.  The existing
  text in Section A.2 allowed this, so making it explicit in A.1 is
  a good idea.

  Please review the updated Introduction, as it has changed a lot.

 Alan DeKok.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>