Subject: [radext] #37: Section 3.3

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 06:52:31 -0000

#37: Section 3.3
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  design                     |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document      |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Along with these advantages, some limitations of VSA usage are noted
    in [RFC2865] Section 5.26:

       This Attribute is available to allow vendors to support their own
       extended Attributes not suitable for general usage.  It MUST NOT
       affect the operation of the RADIUS protocol.

       Servers not equipped to interpret the vendor-specific information
       sent by a client MUST ignore it (although it may be reported).
       Clients which do not receive desired vendor-specific information
       SHOULD make an attempt to operate without it, although they may do
       so (and report they are doing so) in a degraded mode.

 [BA] This text appears to belong in Section 2.4 as indicated in a
 previously submitted issue.  It can therefore be deleted here.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/37>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:12:57 -0000

#37: Section 3.3
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  minor                      |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  design                     |      Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document      |   Resolution:  fixed     
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/37#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>