Subject: [radext] #42: A1.4

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 07:21:38 -0000

#42: A1.4
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  blocker                    |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  design                     |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document      |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 A.1.4. Pre-existing data types

    There is a trade-off in design between re-using existing formats for
    historical compatibility, or choosing new formats for a "better"
    design.  This trade-off does not always require the "better" design
    to be used.  As a result. pre-existing complex data types described
    in Appendix B MAY be used, though this practice is NOT RECOMMENDED.

 [BA] Mailing list discussion indicates that there is not consensus to
 deprecate existing RADIUS types.  Suggested change:

    There is a trade-off in design between re-using existing formats for
    historical compatibility, or choosing new formats for a "better"
    design.  This trade-off does not always require the "better" design
    to be used.  As a result. pre-existing complex data types described
    in Appendix B MAY be used.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/42>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "Dave Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:14:21 -0400

>     in Appendix B MAY be used.

As much as it disappoints me personally, I don't dispute the fact.  We did
not obtain consensus.

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:24:04 -0000

#42: A1.4
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  blocker                    |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  design                     |      Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document      |   Resolution:  fixed     
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/42#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>