Subject: FW: Informational RFC to be: <draft-zorn-radius-keywrap-18.txt>

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:07:42 +0100

Hi,

See the announcement below and pay attention to the IESG note. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 10:20 PM
To: RFC Editor; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; The IESG; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-zorn-radius-keywrap-18.txt>

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Cisco Vendor Specific
RADIUS Attributes for the Delivery of Keying Material'
<draft-zorn-radius-keywrap-18.txt> as an Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the
datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zorn-radius-keywrap/) related to
this document and determine whether or not they merit incorporation into
the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zorn-radius-keywrap/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document defines a set of vendor specific RADIUS Attributes
   designed to allow both the secure transmission of cryptographic
   keying material and strong authentication of any RADIUS message.
   These attributes have been allocated from the Cisco vendor specific
   space and have been implemented by multiple vendors.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the result of any IETF Working Group.  It is an
  Independent Stream submission to the RFC Editor.

Protocol Quality

Note to RFC Editor

1. Please include the IESG note below if the document is published as an
RFC. 

2. In the Abstract section s/This attributes/These attributes/

IESG Note

      The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
      in the RADEXT WG, but this relationship does not prevent
publishing.
      The IESG recommends that the RADEXT WG proceeds with the 
      work for an interoperable modern key wrap solution using
attributes from
      the standard space as part of its charter. 

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:11:07 +0000
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Subject: FW: Informational RFC to be: <draft-zorn-radius-keywrap-18.txt>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:07:42 +0100
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
To: "radext mailing list" <[email-masked]>

Hi,

See the announcement below and pay attention to the IESG note. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 10:20 PM
To: RFC Editor; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; The IESG; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-zorn-radius-keywrap-18.txt>

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Cisco Vendor Specific
RADIUS Attributes for the Delivery of Keying Material'
<draft-zorn-radius-keywrap-18.txt> as an Informational RFC.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the
datatracker
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zorn-radius-keywrap/) related to
this document and determine whether or not they merit incorporation into
the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and the comment log.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zorn-radius-keywrap/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   This document defines a set of vendor specific RADIUS Attributes
   designed to allow both the secure transmission of cryptographic
   keying material and strong authentication of any RADIUS message.
   These attributes have been allocated from the Cisco vendor specific
   space and have been implemented by multiple vendors.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the result of any IETF Working Group.  It is an
  Independent Stream submission to the RFC Editor.

Protocol Quality

Note to RFC Editor

1. Please include the IESG note below if the document is published as an
RFC. 

2. In the Abstract section s/This attributes/These attributes/

IESG Note

      The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
      in the RADEXT WG, but this relationship does not prevent
publishing.
      The IESG recommends that the RADEXT WG proceeds with the 
      work for an interoperable modern key wrap solution using
attributes from
      the standard space as part of its charter. 

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:14:16 +0000
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:13:12 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
From: Peter Deacon <[email-masked]>
To: "Sanchez, Mauricio (HP Networking)" <[email-masked]>
cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: RADEXT WG Last Call: "RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks" (2nd round)

  This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
  while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.

--308460330-4360-1294942393=:6308
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8BIT

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011, Sanchez, Mauricio (HP Networking) wrote:

> This is an announcement of RADEXT WG second last call on "RADIUS attributes for
> IPv6 Access Networks", prior to sending the document to the IESG for publication
> as a proposed standard RFC. ��The first last call did not garner any comments,
> whether positive or negative.� If you read the draft and have no issues, please
> state this as so on the mailing list.

Looks good, noticed one minor problem.

In 3.3 description the reserved field is missing.

Recommend adding (RFC3162 text)

Reserved
This field, which is reserved and MUST be present, is always set to zero

regards,
Peter
--308460330-4360-1294942393=:6308--

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:42:48 +0000
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:42:35 +0100
From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
To: "Sanchez, Mauricio (HP Networking)" <[email-masked]>
CC: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,  "Bernard Aboba ([email-masked])" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: RADEXT WG Last Call: "RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks" (2nd round)

Sanchez, Mauricio (HP Networking) wrote:
> This is an announcement of RADEXT WG second last call on "RADIUS
> attributes for IPv6 Access Networks", prior to sending the document to
> the IESG for publication as a proposed standard RFC.   The first last
> call did not garner any comments, whether positive or negative.  If you
> read the draft and have no issues, please state this as so on the
> mailing list. 

Section 2.2:

   ... Existing IETF Radius attributes convey DNS as 32-
   bit IPv4 addresses and cannot support a 128-bit IPv6 address.

  I'm unaware of any IETF specification which transports DNS server
addresses in RADIUS.  Is there a reference for this?

Section 3.1 and 3.1:

  ...
   Address

      The Address field contains a 128-bit IPv6 address.

  I suggest using "IPv6 Address", as "address" is defined in RFC2865 as
being for Ipv4 addresses.  But this isn't critical, and can be left as-is.

  Other than that, I'm OK with the document.

  I've also opened tickets in trac.

  Alan DeKok.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:42:21 +0000
From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:42:12 -0000
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Subject: [radext] ipv6-access #62 (new): Use of "Address"

#62: Use of "Address"

 Section 3.1 and 3.1:

   ...
    Address

       The Address field contains a 128-bit IPv6 address.

   I suggest using "IPv6 Address", as "address" is defined in RFC2865 as
 being for Ipv4 addressess.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  aland@…                    |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ipv6-access                |     Version:            
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/62>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:41:59 +0000
From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:41:06 -0000
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Subject: [radext] ipv6-access #61 (new): DNS attribute for IPv4?

#61: DNS attribute for IPv4?

 Section 2.2:

    ... Existing IETF Radius attributes convey DNS as 32-
    bit IPv4 addresses and cannot support a 128-bit IPv6 address.

   I'm unaware of any IETF specification which transports DNS server
 addresses in RADIUS.  Is there a reference for this?

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  aland@…                    |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ipv6-access                |     Version:            
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/61>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 00:54:23 +0000
From: "Sanchez, Mauricio (HP Networking)" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
CC: "Bernard Aboba ([email-masked])" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 00:46:55 +0000
Subject: RADEXT WG Last Call: "RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks" (2nd round)
Accept-Language: en-US
acceptlanguage: en-US

--_000_9BC2F7926B33FE4AB10D69891D58FC1C5B4F9B8194GVW0671EXCame_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

This is an announcement of RADEXT WG second last call on "RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks", prior to sending the document to the IESG for publication as a proposed standard RFC.   The first last call did not garner any comments, whether positive or negative.  If you read the draft and have no issues, please state this as so on the mailing list.

The document is available for inspection here:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access/
This RADEXT WG last call will last until January 26, 2011.   If you have comments on the document, please file using TRAC system.  See below for summary of instructions.
Thanks,
MS

1.       To submit an issue in TRAC, you first need to login to the RADEXT WG site on the tools server:  http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/login

2.       If you don't already have a login ID, you can obtain one by navigating to this site:   http://trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin

3.       Once you have obtained an account, and have logged in, you can file an issue by navigating to the  ticket entry form: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/newticket

4.       When opening an issue:

a.       The Type: field should be set to "defect" for an issue with the current document text, or "enhancement" for a proposed addition of functionality (such as an additional requirement).
b.      The Priority: field is set based on the severity of the Issue.   For example, editorial issues are typically "minor" or "trivial".
c.       The Milestone: field should be set to milestone1 (useless, I know).
d.      The Component: field should be set to the document you are filing the issue on.
e.      The Version: field should be set to "1.0".
f.        The Severity: field should be set to based on the status of the document (e.g. "In WG Last Call" for a document in WG last call)
g.        The Keywords: and CC: fields can be left blank unless inspiration seizes you.
h.      The Assign To: field is generally filled in with the email address of the editor.

5.       Typically it won't be necessary to enclose a file with the ticket, but if you need to, select "I have files to attach to this ticket".

6.       If you want to preview your Issue, click on the "Preview" button.  When you're ready to submit the issue, click on the "Create Ticket" button.

7.       If you want to update an issue, go to the "View Tickets" page: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/report/1  Click on the ticket # you want to update, and then modify the ticket fields as required

--_000_9BC2F7926B33FE4AB10D69891D58FC1C5B4F9B8194GVW0671EXCame_
Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=EN-US link=blue vlink=purple><div class=WordSection1><p class=MsoNormal style='line-height:14.4pt'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"'>This is an announcement of RADEXT WG second last call on &quot;</span><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'>RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks</span><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"'>&quot;, prior to sending the document to the IESG for publication as a proposed standard RFC. &nbsp;&nbsp;The first last call did not garner any comments, whether positive or negative.&nbsp; If you read the draft and have no issues, please state this as so on the mailing list.&nbsp; <br><br>The document is available for inspection here:</span><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Courier New"'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"'><a href="http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access/">http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access/</a><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"'>This RADEXT WG last call will last until January 26, 2011.&nbsp;&nbsp; If you have comments on the document, please file using TRAC system.&nbsp; See below for summary of instructions. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"'>Thanks,<br>MS<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal style='margin-bottom:12.0pt'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Verdana","sans-serif"'>1.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; To submit an issue in TRAC, you first need to login to the RADEXT WG site on the tools server:&nbsp; <a href="http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/login">http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/login</a> <br><br>2.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If you don&#8217;t already have a login ID, you can obtain one by navigating to this site:&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin">http://trac.tools.ietf.org/newlogin</a><br><br>3.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Once you have obtained an account, and have logged in, you can file an issue by navigating to the&nbsp; ticket entry form: <a href="http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/newticket">http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/newticket</a><br><br>4.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When opening an issue:<br><br>a.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Type: field should be set to &#8220;defect&#8221; for an issue with the current document text, or &#8220;enhancement&#8221; for a proposed addition of functionality (such as an additional requirement). <br>b.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Priority: field is set based on the severity of the Issue.&nbsp;&nbsp; For example, editorial issues are typically &#8220;minor&#8221; or &#8220;trivial&#8221;. <br>c.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Milestone: field should be set to milestone1 (useless, I know). <br>d.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Component: field should be set to the document you are filing the issue on.&nbsp; <br>e.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Version: field should be set to &#8220;1.0&#8221;. <br>f.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Severity: field should be set to based on the status of the document (e.g. &#8220;In WG Last Call&#8221; for a document in WG last call)<br>g.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Keywords: and CC: fields can be left blank unless inspiration seizes you. <br>h.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Assign To: field is generally filled in with the email address of the editor. <br><br>5.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Typically it won&#8217;t be necessary to enclose a file with the ticket, but if you need to, select &#8220;I have files to attach to this ticket&#8221;. <br><br>6.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If you want to preview your Issue, click on the &#8220;Preview&#8221; button.&nbsp; When you&#8217;re ready to submit the issue, click on the &#8220;Create Ticket&#8221; button. <br><br>7.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If you want to update an issue, go to the &quot;View Tickets&quot; page: <a href="http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/report/1">http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/report/1</a>&nbsp; Click on the ticket # you want to update, and then modify the ticket fields as required</span><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
--_000_9BC2F7926B33FE4AB10D69891D58FC1C5B4F9B8194GVW0671EXCame_--

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:48:19 +0000
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-03.txt
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:45:01 -0800

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks
	Author(s)       : B. Lourdelet, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2011-01-10

This document specifies IPv6 RADIUS attributes, which complement
those of RFC3162, and are intended to be used in residential
broadband networks, where specific user configuration information is
expected to be passed as part of the AAA process between a NAS and an
AAA server.  The attributes cover the assignment or reporting of the
following; a specific host IPv6 address; a recursive DNS IPv6 server
address; a specific IPv6 route announced to a host; a named IPv6
delegated prefix pool to be used for assignments to an accessing
host.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-03.txt"; site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp"; directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--NextPart--

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>