Subject: Re: [radext] #61: DNS attribute for IPv4?

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 01:25:56 -0000

#61: DNS attribute for IPv4?

Comment(by bernard_aboba@…):

 There is no IETF defined RADIUS attribute to configure the IPv4 address of
 a DNS server.  However, Ascend did appropriate attributes 135 and 136 for
 the Primary and Secondary DNS server addresses.  See:
 http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/junose81/swconfig-
 broadband/html/radius-attributes2.html

 My recommendation is that Section 2.2 be rewritten as follows:

    DHCPv6 provides an option for configuring a host with the IPv6 address
    of a DNS server.  The IPv6 address of a DNS server can also be
    conveyed to the host using ICMPv6 with Router Advertisements, via
    the experimental [RFC5006] option.  To provide the NAS with the
    IPv6 address of a DNS server, this document specifies the
    DNS-Server-IPv6-Address Attribute.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  aland@…                    |       Owner:  wdec@…        
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new           
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:  milestone1    
Component:  ipv6-access                |     Version:                
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:                
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/61#comment:2>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>