Subject: [radext] #71: Section 2.3 and 3.3

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 02:10:52 -0000

#71: Section 2.3 and 3.3

 RFC 3162 Section 2.5 defines the Framed-IPv6-Route Attribute whose purpose
 is as follows:

       This Attribute provides routing information to be configured for
       the user on the NAS.  It is used in the Access-Accept packet and
       can appear multiple times.

 It would appear that this existing attribute has a similar purpose to the
 Route-IPv6-Information Attribute discussed in Section 2.3 and defined in
 Section 3.3, although the formats are different.

 Rather than explaining the difference between the Framed-IPv6-Prefix
 attribute and the Route-IPv6-Information Attribute in Section 2.3, my
 suggestion is to focus on the difference between the Framed-IPv6-Route
 attribute and the Route-IPv6-Information attribute, if there is in fact a
 difference.

 In general, the only reason to have two attributes with similar purposes
 would be if the attributes might not to be included simultaneously for
 different purposes.  In this particular case, it is not clear to me
 whether this could happen.  For example, would there be a situation where
 one set of routes might be announced via RIPng/OSPFv6 and another set
 would be announced via RA?

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:  wdec@…        
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new           
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1    
Component:  ipv6-access                |     Version:  1.0           
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:                
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/71>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>