Subject: [radext] #72: Section 2.4

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 02:19:24 -0000

#72: Section 2.4

 This section doesn't clarify the distinction between the Framed-IPv6-Pool
 and the Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool attributes.  Recommendation is that it
 be rewritten as follows:

    DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation [RFC3633] involves a delegating router
    selecting a prefix and delegating it on a temporary basis to a
    requesting router.  The delegating router may implement a number of
    strategies as to how it chooses what prefix is to be delegated to a
    requesting router, one of them being the use of a local named prefix
    pool.  The Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool Attribute allows the RADIUS
    server to convey a prefix pool name to a NAS hosting a DHCPv6-PD
    server and acting as a delegated router.

    Since DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation can conceivably be used on the
    same network as SLAAC, it is possible for the Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-
 Pool
    and Framed-IPv6-Pool attributes to be included within the same
    packet.  To avoid ambiguity in this scenario,
    use of the Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool attribute should be restricted to
    authorization and accounting of prefix pools used in DHCPv6 Prefix
    Delegation and the Framed-IPv6-Pool attribute should be used for
    authorization and accounting of prefix pools used in SLAAC.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:  wdec@…        
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new           
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1    
Component:  ipv6-access                |     Version:  1.0           
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:                
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/72>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>