Subject: [radext] #70: Section 2.1

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 01:57:09 -0000

#70: Section 2.1

 This section leaves some ambiguity about the potential use of the Framed-
 IPv6-Address attribute in accounting related to SLAAC. To clarify the
 situation, my recommendation is to rewrite it as follows:

 2.1 DHCPv6 Address Assignment

    DHCPv6 [RFC3315] provides a mechanism to assign one or more or non-
    temporary IPv6 addresses to hosts.   To provide a DHCPv6 server
    residing on a NAS with one or more IPv6 addresses to be assigned,
    this document specifies the Framed-IPv6-Address Attribute.

    Since DHCPv6 can be deployed on the same network as ICMPv6 stateless
    (SLAAC) [RFC4862], it is possible that the NAS will require
    both stateful and stateless configuration information.  Therefore
    it is possible for the Framed-IPv6-Address, Framed-IPv6-Prefix
    and Framed-Interface-Id attributes [RFC3162] to be included
    within the same packet.  To avoid ambiguity, the Framed-IPv6-Address
 attribute is only used for
    authorization and accounting of DHCPv6-assigned addresses and the
    Framed-IPv6-Prefix and Framed-Interface-Id attributes are used
    for authorization and accounting of addresses assigned via SLAAC.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:  wdec@…        
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new           
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1    
Component:  ipv6-access                |     Version:  1.0           
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:                
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/70>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>