Subject: Re: [radext] #90: Process for publication and selection

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 02:27:58 -0000

#90: Process for publication and selection

Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Proposed resolution is to add a Section 1.4 as follows:

 1.4.  Publication Process

    RADIUS [RFC2865] is a widely deployed protocol that has attained
    Draft Standard status based on multiple independent interoperable
    implementations.  It is therefore highly desirable that a high level
    of interoperability and security be maintained for crypto-agility
    solutions.

    To ensure that crypto-agility solutions published on the standards
    track are well specified, secure and interoperable, the RADEXT WG has
    adopted a two phase process for publication of crypto-agility
    solutions.

    In the initial phase, crypto-agility solutions adopted by the working
    group will be published on the Experimental Track.  Experimental
    Track documents should contain a description of experimental
    deployments and implementations in progress, as well as an evaluation
    of the proposal against the requirements described in this document.

    Based on the proposal evaluations, implementation and deployment
    experience, and the results of interoperability tests, initial
    proposals will be evaluated for publication on the standards track.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  critical                   |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |      Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Resolution:  fixed     
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/90#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>