Subject: Re: [radext] #69: Section 1

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 19:18:32 -0000

#69: Section 1

Comment(by bernard_aboba@…):

 Here is some revised text:

     This document specifies additional RADIUS attributes used to support
     configuration of DHCPv6 and/or ICMPv6 parameters on a per-user basis.
     The attributes, which complement those defined in [RFC3162] and
 [RFC4818],
     support the following:

     o Assignment of specific IPv6 addresses to hosts via DHCPv6.

         While [RFC3162] permits an IPv6 address to be specified via the
         combination of the Framed-Interface-Id and Framed-IPv6-Prefix
         attributes, this separation is more natural for use with IPv6CP
         than it is for use with DHCPv6, and the use of a single IPv6
         address attribute makes for easier processing of accounting
         records.

     o Assignment of an IPv6 DNS server address, via DHCPv6 or [RFC5006].

     o Configuration of more specific routes to be announced to the user
       via the Route Information Option defined in [RFC4191] Section 2.3.
       While the Framed-IPv6-Prefix Attribute defined in [RFC3162] Section
       2.3 causes the route to be advertised in an RA, it cannot be used
       to configure more specific routes.  While the Framed-IPv6-Route
       Attribute defined in [RFC3162] Section 2.5 causes the route to be
       configured on the NAS, and potentially announced via an IGP,
       depending on the value of Framed-Routing, it does not result in
       the route being announced in an RA.

     o The assignment of a named delegated prefix pool for use with
         "IPv6 Prefix Options for DHCPv6" [RFC3633].

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:  wdec@…        
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  assigned      
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1    
Component:  ipv6-access                |     Version:  1.0           
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:                
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/69#comment:4>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>