Subject: Re: 64 bit data types

From: Stefan Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 09:56:43 +0200

Hi,

>> I think there would be a very useful benefit in 64 bit data types.
>> ....
>> 64 bit counters would mean one less thing to handle in accounting
>> code, and one less thing to have to worry about testing.
> +1

Good! Alan suggested the extended-attributes draft to handle this. I
second that, since a new datatype is a more architectural change, and
deserves more visibility, than the simple things "fancyaccounting" tries
to achieve.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

-- 
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473