Subject: Re: [radext] #71: Section 2.3 and 3.3

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:49:40 -0000

#71: Section 2.3 and 3.3

Comment(by bernard_aboba@…):

 We discussed the distinction between the various attributes at IETF-80:

 Framed-IPv6-Prefix:  Configures an IPv6 prefix (and route) for the user on
 the NAS and results in the prefix being advertised in an RA from the NAS.

 Framed-IPv6-Route:  Configures additional routes on the NAS.  These
 additional routes may be advertised by an IGP, depending on the value of
 Framed-Routing.

 Route-IPv6-Information:  Configures additional routes on the NAS.  These
 additional routes will be advertised within the RA via the Route
 Information Option described in RFC 4191 Section 2.3.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:  wdec@…        
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  assigned      
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1    
Component:  ipv6-access                |     Version:  1.0           
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:                
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/71#comment:4>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 19:21:46 -0000

#71: Section 2.3 and 3.3

 Here is potential replacement text for Section 3.3:

 3.3. Route-IPv6-Information

    This Attribute specifies a prefix (and corresponding route) for the
    user on the NAS, which is to be announced using the Route Information
    Option defined in "Default Router Preferences and More Specific
    Routes" [RFC4191] Section 2.3.   It is used in the Access-Accept
    packet and can appear multiple times.  It may also be
    used in the Access-Request packet as hint to the server.

    A summary of the Route-IPv6-Information attribute format is shown
    below.

       0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |     Type      |    Length     | Prefix Length |Resvd|Prf|Resvd|
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                        Route Lifetime                         |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |                   Prefix (Variable Length)                    |
       .                                                               .
       .                                                               .
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

    Type

       TBA3 for Route-IPv6-Information

    Length

       Length in bytes.  At least 4 and no larger than 20; typically 12
       or less.

    Prefix Length
                8-bit unsigned integer.  The number of leading bits in
                the Prefix that are valid.  The value ranges from 0 to
                128.  The Prefix field is 0, 8, or 16 octets depending on
                Length.

    Prf (Route Preference)
                2-bit signed integer.  The Route Preference indicates
                whether to prefer the router associated with this prefix
                over others, when multiple identical prefixes (for
                different routers) have been received.

    Resvd (Reserved)
                Two 3-bit unused fields.  They MUST be initialized to
                zero.

    Route Lifetime
                32-bit unsigned integer.  The length of time in seconds
                (relative to the time the packet is sent) that the prefix
                is valid for route determination.  A value of all one
                bits (0xffffffff) represents infinity.

    Prefix      Variable-length field containing an IP address or a
                prefix of an IP address.  The Prefix Length field
                contains the number of valid leading bits in the prefix.
                The bits in the prefix after the prefix length (if any)
                are reserved and MUST be initialized to zero.

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/71#comment:5>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>