Subject: [radext] #92: End-to-end versus hop-by-hop confidentiality

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 21:07:57 -0000

#92: End-to-end versus hop-by-hop confidentiality

 The document currently does not make it clear what the requirements are
 for end-to-end confidentiality.

 The proposal is to change the text on "Limit Key Scope" in Section 4.2 to
 the following:

 Limit key scope
      It is RECOMMENDED that solutions enable a NAS and RADIUS server to
      exchange confidential information such as keying material without
      disclosure to third parties.  In order to accomplish this, it is
      RECOMMENDED that a RADIUS crypto-agility solution be compatible
      with NAI-based Dynamic Peer Discovery [RADYN] as well as that it
      support the use of public key credentials for authentication
      between the NAS and RADIUS server.

      For compatibility with existing operations, RADIUS crypto-agility
      solutions SHOULD also support pre-shared key credentials.  However,
      support for end-to-end confidentiality of attributes or direct
      communications between the NAS and RADIUS server is not required
      when pre-shared key credentials are used.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |     Version:            
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/92>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 02:25:49 -0000

Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  major                      |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |      Version:            
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Resolution:  fixed     
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/92#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>