Subject: Re: [radext] #13: Review

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 13:09:46 -0000

#13: Review

Changes (by stefan.winter@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 1. regarding abstract and references: -09 now has no references in the
 abstract. The scope has been clarified to "RADIUS over TLS and DTLS".

 2. the term RadSec has been replaced with RADIUS/TLS and RADIUS/DTLS

 3. SRV labels have been changed.

 4. Examples have been changed.

 5. RFC4282 is not referenced any longer.

 6. explanatory text for "name resultion library != DNS" has been added. A
 reference to the IDNAbis Protocol RFC has been added.

 7. IPv6 usage has been mentioned; but the guidance is limited to
 "according to the host system's IP stack capabilities". It's difficult to
 be more specific.

 8. regarding: when is dynamic discovery useful. Primarily for X.509 based
 operations yes, but there may be cases where an out-of-band mechanism
 delivers PSK keys "just in time" (abfab KNP may be an example). So I'm
 hesitant to scope the usefulness of this draft too tightly.

 I think this closes all the discussed points in this issue; please re-open
 if you think this is not the case.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:  stefan.winter@…         
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed                  
 Priority:  major                      |    Milestone:  milestone1              
Component:  dynamic-discovery          |      Version:  1.0                     
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Resolution:  fixed                   
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/13#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>