Subject: [radext] Acct-Status-Type values and custom accounting messages

From: Mike Bean <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:54:05 -0700

Curious to know if there are any current drafts to allocate additional 
values to Acct-Status-Type.  I have a use case where I would like to 
proxy accounting records to a Lawful Intercept server using RADIUS 
accounting messages. In addition to standard account records I would 
like to provide synthetic accounting records as part of processing 
access-requests.  Currently I need to provide three types of synthetic 
accounting records: Attempting, Accepted, and Rejected.  My choices are 
to set Acct-Status-Type to one of the IANA approved values and send VSA 
to express these new types or steal three values for use with 
Acct-Status-Type.  Third option would be to request that Other be a 
valid IANA assigned value and perhaps add new Acct-Status-Type-Name to 
allow for custom types without use of VSA.  Just wanted to know if there 
was something in the works or if someone has had a similar requirement 
for custom accounting records.

Thanks,

Mike

-- 
Michael Bean (Mike)
Alcatel-Lucent
AAA Product Group
3461 Robin Ln, Ste 1
Cameron Park, CA 95682
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: 1 530 672 7577
Fax:   1 530 676 3442

_______________________________________________
radext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext