Subject: [radext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:18:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks
	Author(s)       : Wojciech Dec
                          Behcet Sarikaya
                          Glen Zorn
                          David Miles
                          Benoit Lourdelet
	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-08.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-06-27

Abstract:
   This document specifies additional IPv6 RADIUS attributes useful in
   residential broadband network deployments.  The attributes, which are
   used for authorization and accounting, enable assignment of a host
   IPv6 address and IPv6 DNS server address via DHCPv6; assignment of an
   IPv6 route announced via router advertisement; assignment of a named
   IPv6 delegated prefix pool; and assignment of a named IPv6 pool for
   host DHCPv6 addressing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-08

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Maglione Roberta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:43:15 +0200

Hello,
 I have a question regarding section 3.6:
Why in version -08 the attributes Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool and Stateful-IPv6-Address-Pool are not allowed any more in Accounting messages?
They were there in previous versions, in addition Framed-IPv6-Pool defined in RFC 3162, is allowed in Accounting message.
Could you please clarify the reasons behind this change?
Thanks
Regards,
Roberta

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: mercoledì 27 giugno 2012 20.19
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [radext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-08.txt

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
radext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext

Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente alle persone indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo documento per errore siete cortesemente pregati di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di provvedere alla sua distruzione, Grazie.

This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. Dissemination, copying, printing or use by anybody else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail, Thanks.

_______________________________________________
radext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext

---

From: Maglione Roberta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:43:15 +0200

Hello,

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: mercoledì 27 giugno 2012 20.19
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [radext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-08.txt

Abstract:

---

From: "Wojciech Dec (wdec)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 13:58:18 +0000

Hi Roberta,

Uhm... Sloppy fingers. Version -09 on its way

-Woj..

On 28/06/2012 15:43, "Maglione Roberta"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>Why in version -08 the attributes Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool and
>Stateful-IPv6-Address-Pool are not allowed any more in Accounting
>messages?
>They were there in previous versions, in addition Framed-IPv6-Pool
>defined in RFC 3162, is allowed in Accounting message.
>Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente alle
>persone indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante
>dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate.
>Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo documento per errore siete cortesemente
>pregati di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di provvedere alla
>sua distruzione, Grazie.
>
>This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may contain
>privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. Dissemination,
>copying, printing or use by anybody else is unauthorised. If you are not
>the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments
>and advise the sender by return e-mail, Thanks.
>

---

From: "Wojciech Dec (wdec)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 13:58:18 +0000

Hi Roberta,

-Woj..