Subject: Re: [radext] #125: vendor-ID fields

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:09:05 -0000

#125: vendor-ID fields

Changes (by aland@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dromasca@…   |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-radius-
     Type:  defect       |  extensions@…
 Priority:  critical     |      Status:  closed
Component:  radius-      |   Milestone:  milestone1
  extensions             |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last   |  Resolution:  fixed
  Call                   |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/125#comment:2>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:09:05 -0000

#125: vendor-ID fields

Changes (by aland@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

_______________________________________________
radext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:08:58 -0000

#125: vendor-ID fields

Comment (by aland@…):

 I'll add a subsection explicitly redefining this:

 We define the Vendor-ID field of Vendor-Specific Attributes to
 encompass the entire 4 octets of the Vendor field.  [RFC2865] Section
 5.26 defined it to be 3 octets, with the high octet being zero.  This
 change has no immediate impact on RADIUS, as the maximum Private
 Enterprise Code defined is still within 16 bits.

 However, it is best to make advance preparations for changes in the
 protocol.  As such, it is RECOMMENDED that all implementations support
 four (4) octets for the Vendor-ID field, instead of three (3).

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dromasca@…   |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-radius-
     Type:  defect       |  extensions@…
 Priority:  critical     |      Status:  new
Component:  radius-      |   Milestone:  milestone1
  extensions             |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last   |  Resolution:
  Call                   |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/125#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:08:58 -0000

#125: vendor-ID fields

Comment (by aland@…):