Subject: [radext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 05:06:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NAI-based Dynamic Peer Discovery for RADIUS/TLS and RADIUS/DTLS
	Author(s)       : Stefan Winter
                          Mike McCauley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-06-28

Abstract:
   This document specifies a means to find authoritative RADIUS servers
   for a given realm.  It can be used in conjunction with RADIUS/TLS and
   RADIUS/DTLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-04

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Stefan Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:12:43 +0200

Hi,

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-04.txt

this new rev has significant changes over the previous one.

- more in sync with the Diameter equivalent (NAPTR definitions)
- caution on inputs to the algorithm extended (trailing dots are ugly!)
- extended the algo to support dynauth discovery
- name resolution delay considerations
- tracking and honouring of DNS TTLs when establishing sessions

Known nit: the example doesn't include the TTL tracking yet.

If there is time on the agenda, I think I could use some 10 minutes to
talk about the draft (I'll talk in-a-box, as I can't attend in person
this time).

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

> _______________________________________________
> radext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext
> 

-- 
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et
de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

---

From: Stefan Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:12:43 +0200

Hi,

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473