Subject: Re: [radext] #136: Table state management as security consideration?

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:42:28 -0000

#136: Table state management as security consideration?

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I'm not sure how else to tie DTLS packet -> DTLS session.  The 4-tuple of
 src/dst IP/port seems pretty definitive.

 I'll add a note to 4.1 saying that other methods are possible.

 Can DTLS packets for one session arrive from *different* source ports?
 i.e. packet 1 from port A, packet 2 from port B.  If so, then the tracking
 method should be described here.  There are also security considerations
 which may apply.

 If all packets for a session match one 4-tuple, then the text seems fine
 as-is.

 The security policy is tracked in the entry for each 4-tuple.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  dtls         |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/136#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>