Subject: Re: [radext] #132: Additional comments from IEEE 802.11

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 14:33:48 -0000

#132: Additional comments from IEEE 802.11

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 in 2.4, change from

 " the reason why a station has been dissaciated."
 to
 "the reason why a station was refused network access and has been
 disassociated"

 [BA] Done.

     In 2.4, delete "were added by the IEEE 802.11u-2011 amendment"; as the
 reference 802.11-2012 includes the 11u amendment.

     In 2.4 insert "(Reason Codes)" after "Table 8-36" as an additional
 guide for the reader.

     At the end of 2.14 and at the end of section 5, add two additional

 [BA] Done.

 reason codes, "1 Unspecified reason" and "29 Disassociated for
 unspecified, QoS-related reason", renumbering intermediate values.

     In section 3, in the entry for WLAN-Reason-Code, change the Acct-Req
 value from "0" to "0-1". The reason code could be included in the
 accounting record sent by the RADIUS client for diagnostic purposes.

 [BA] I have changed the table in Section 3 to enable WLAN-Reason-Code to
 be sent in an Accounting-Request.  Given that change, it no longer makes
 sense to also allocate values of Acc-Terminate-Cause.  As a result, we
 don't really need the tables of WLAN-Reason-Code values.  Since these
 values are defined by IEEE 802.11, and allocation is handled by the IEEE
 RAC, IANA shouldn't even need a registry for them.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ieee802ext               |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:  duplicate
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/132#comment:2>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>