Subject: [radext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 07:43:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NAI-based Dynamic Peer Discovery for RADIUS/TLS and RADIUS/DTLS
	Author(s)       : Stefan Winter
                          Mike McCauley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-06.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   This document specifies a means to find authoritative RADIUS servers
   for a given realm.  It is used in conjunction with either RADIUS/TLS
   and RADIUS/DTLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Stefan Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 21:35:53 +0100

Hi,

this draft takes Bernard Aboba's comments (TRAC #147) and a part of Jim
Schaad's review into account. The rest of Jim's comments are filed under
TRAC #148.
It also contains new text about loop detection (which can and does occur
when the representation of an authoritative realm in static
configuration differs from what the user sends (server assumes "not
mine, need to find a target") *and* DNS can normalise the input and
finds out that the authoritative server to forward to is ... localhost!

The new text is a final verification step in the output set O which
checks whether the request was previously received on the same socket
it's about to be sent to (or that socket is at least one of the
candidates in the output set).

I'll get back to Jim's remaining comments soon(-ish) for a - hopefully
final - rev -07.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

On 25.02.2013 16:43, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> radext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext