Subject: Re: [radext] #133: Additional comments from IEEE 802.11

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 23:43:00 -0000

#133: Additional comments from IEEE 802.11

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I assume that "2.4" here actually means Section 2.14 WLAN-Reason-Code.
 Here the revised section:

 2.14.  WLAN-Reason-Code

    Description

       The WLAN-Reason-Code Attribute contains information on the reason
       why a station has been refused network access and has been
       disassociated or de-authenticated.  This can occur due to policy
       or for reasons related to the user's subscription.

       A WLAN-Reason-Code Attribute MAY be included within an Access-
       Reject or Disconnect-Request packet.  Upon receipt of an Access-
       Reject or Disconnect-Request packet containing a WLAN-Reason-Code
       Attribute, the WLAN-Reason-Code value is copied by the Access
       Point into the Reason Code field of a Disassociation or
       Deauthentication frame (see clause 8.3.3.4 and 8.3.3.12
       respectively in [IEEE- 802.11]), which is subsequently transmitted
       to the station.  In order to provide information within an
       Accounting-Request on why a station has been disassociated or de-
       authenticated, the Acct-Termination-Cause Attribute is used,
       rather than the WLAN-Reason-Code Attribute.  A summary of the
       WLAN-Reason-Code Attribute format is shown below.  The fields are
       transmitted from left to right.

        0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |     Type      |  Length       |             Value
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                  Value                |
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

    Code

       TBD13

    Length

       4

    Value

       The Value field is a 32-bit unsigned integer drawn from Table 8-36
       (Reason Codes) in clause 8.4.1.7 of [IEEE-802.11].  The Reason
       Codes values for public Wi-Fi access networks and the
       corresponding additional values of the Acct-Terminate-Cause
       Attribute are given below:

       Reason Acct-       Description
       Code   Terminate-
       Value  Cause

       1         24       Unspecified reason
       27        25       Disassociated because session
                          terminated by service provider request
       28        26       Disassociated because of lack
                          of service provider roaming agreement
       29        27       Disassociated for unspecified, QoS-related
                          reason
       30        28       Requested service rejected because
                          of service provider cipher suite or
                          AKM requirement
       31        29       Requested service not authorized in
                          this location

-- 
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:                        |       Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]          |      Status:  new
     Type:  defect                |   Milestone:  milestone1
 Priority:  major                 |     Version:  1.0
Component:  ieee802ext            |  Resolution:
 Severity:  Active WG Document    |
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/133#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 00:02:52 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:                        |       Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]          |      Status:  closed
     Type:  defect                |   Milestone:  milestone1
 Priority:  major                 |     Version:  1.0
Component:  ieee802ext            |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  Active WG Document    |
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/133#comment:2>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>