Subject: [radext] Protocol Action: 'RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:54:15 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RADIUS attributes for IPv6 Access Networks'
  (draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Ronald Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access/

Technical Summary

	The I-D defines additional attributes for various IPv6
	access network deployments (be that fixes or mobile network).
	The attributes complement already existing set of IPv6 attributes
	defined in e.g., RFC3162 and RFC4818. Furthermore, the I-D clarifies
	the use of some existing IPv6 related attributes and the relationship
	of those to the newly defined attributes.

Working Group Summary

	The I-D has been discussed extensively in the RADEXT WG and has
        reached the overall working group consensus. There was a lengthy
        discussion regarding the Route-IPv6-Information attribute format
        and whether it should also contain the rest of the RFC4191 Route
        Information Option field in addition to the prefix. The WG
        reached a consensus that the other values are local to router
        configuration and not retrieved from the RADIUS server.

Document Quality

        There is specific interest from the Broadband Forum to incorporate
        the attributes defined in this specification into their respective
        IPv6 standards.

        AAA Doctors have not reviewed the document yet. There is no need
        for MIB or other doctorate review.

        Once the document goes to IETF LC, a review from V6OPS should be
        requested.

Personnel

  Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area
  Director?

       Jouni Korhonen ([email-masked]) is the document
       shepherd.
       Benoit Claise is the responsible AD