Subject: [radext] #159: Section 1.3

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 00:07:50 -0000

#159: Section 1.3

 We also hope that other protocols can take advantage of the NAI.
    Many protocols include authentication capabilities.  The
    authentication credentials supplied in those protocols can end up
    being transported in AAA protocols.  It is therefore useful to define
    a representation of the user credentials which can be shared across
    multiple protocols.

 [BA] Again, this statement is overly broad.  The NAI is not utilized in a
 number of protocols (such as SIP and HTTP) which utilize AAA, so that we
 can't state categorically that the RADIUS User-Name attribute will
 necessarily contain an NAI in all cases.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  blocker                  |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  nai                      |    Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/159>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 13:28:49 -0000

#159: Section 1.3

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 The document makes it clear that a RADIUS User-Name will not always
 contain an NAI.  It recognizes that other protocols do not currently use
 the NAI for user identifiers.  It suggests that using a common identifier
 is preferable to have identifiers which are protocol-specific.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  blocker                  |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  nai                      |     Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:  invalid
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/159#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>