Subject: [radext] #164: Section 2.8

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 00:30:26 -0000

#164: Section 2.8

 Intermediate nodes MUST use the "utf8-realm" portion of the NAI
    without modification to perform this lookup.  Comparisons between the
    NAI as given in a AAA packet, and as provisioned in a logical AAA
    routing table SHOULD be done as a byte-for-byte equality test.  As
    noted earlier, intermediate nodes may not have access to the same
    locale information as the system which injected the NAI into the AAA
    routing systems.  Therefore, almost all "case insensitive"
    comparisons will be wrong.  Where the "utf8-realm" is entirely ASCII,
    current systems sometimes perform case-insensitive matching on
    realms.  This practice MAY be continued, as it has been shown to work
    in practice.

 [BA] Since realm names aren't normalized on entry to the AAA system, a
 byte-by-byte comparison won't work.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  nai                      |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/164>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>