Subject: [radext] #160: Section 2.1

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 00:11:59 -0000

#160: Section 2.1

 Systems MAY accept user identifiers in forms other than the NAI.
    This specification does not forbid that practice.  It only codifies
    the format and interpretation of the NAI.  Where protocols carry
    identifiers which are expected to be transported over an AAA
    protocol, it is RECOMMENDED that the identifiers be in NAI format.

 [BA] Implementations of PPP, EAP and other network access protocols do not
 normalize NAIs, and cannot be expected to do so going forward.  Therefore
 the recommendation does not make sense - and also AAA proxies and servers
 cannot expect NAIs to conform to the syntax in this document.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  critical                 |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  nai                      |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/160>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 13:31:39 -0000

#160: Section 2.1

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 The first sentence of the quoted text addresses your concern in your first
 sentence.

 Many uses of PPP, EAP, and other network access protocols do allow an NAI
 to be transported.  This document tries to say that using the NAI is
 preferable to using a gratuitously incompatible user identifier.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  critical                 |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  nai                      |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:  invalid
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/160#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>