Subject: [radext] #165: Section 2.8

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 00:33:21 -0000

#165: Section 2.8

 We also note that many existing systems use user identifiers which
    are similar in format to the NAI, but which are not compliant with
    this specification.  For example, they may use non-NFC form, or they
    may have multiple "@" characters in the user identifier.
    Intermediate nodes MAY normalize non-NFC identifiers to NFC, prior to
    looking up the "utf8-realm" in the logical routing table.
    Intermediate nodes MUST NOT modify the identifiers that they forward.
    The data as entered by the user is inviolate.

 [BA] In fact, use of NFC in existing implementations is very rare, so rare
 that this specification simply cannot credibly require it.  Therefore the
 MAY for normalization here needs to be at least a SHOULD (or probably a
 MUST) before comparisons are done.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  nai                      |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/165>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 15:04:39 -0000

#165: Section 2.8

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  nai                      |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/165#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>