Subject: [radext] dynamic-discovery I-D - next steps

From: Stefan Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 11:11:33 +0100

Hello,

apologies for missing my talking slot.

The draft didn't warrant a big slot anyway, because there's not really
much to talk about at this stage. I only had two slides:

1) recently submitted draft addresses all issues from tracker and ML,
including those from the very extensive review by Jim Schaad.

I believe this makes the draft ready for advancement. I would like to
request another WGLC.

2) just a double-check if we're still happy with the category of the
draft: dynamic-discovery for RADIUS is very detailed, discusses many
corner cases and possible caveats, gives guidance on how exactly to do
S-NAPTR and it's in use in the public internet. And yet its EXP. Looking
at dime, the DNS discovery document and base RFC offer a lot less
detail, but made it to standards track. Just wondering - is EXP still a
target that "feels right"?

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

-- 
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et
de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

PGP key updated to 4096 Bit RSA - I will encrypt all mails if the
recipient's key is known to me

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xC0DE6A358A39DC66