Subject: [radext] Protocol Action: 'RADIUS Attributes for IEEE 802 Networks' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-radext-ieee802ext-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:07:42 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RADIUS Attributes for IEEE 802 Networks'
  (draft-ietf-radext-ieee802ext-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-ieee802ext/

Technical Summary

   RFC 3580 provides guidelines for the use of the Remote Authentication
   Dialin User Service (RADIUS) within IEEE 802 local area networks
   (LANs).  This document proposes additional attributes for use within
   IEEE 802 networks, as well as clarifying the usage of the EAP-Key-
   Name attribute (updating RFC 4072) and the Called-Station-Id
   attribute (updating RFC 3580).  The attributes defined in this
   document are usable both within RADIUS and Diameter.

Working Group Summary

   The document has lingered in the RADEXT WG for a long time.
   There is a solid working group consensus behind the document.

Document Quality

   There are no known full implementations of the document. However,
   some of the defined attributes are already in use but using either
   experimental or vendor specific RADIUS attribute Type code space.
   There are plans for implementations and also 3GPP has a dependency
   to this document in their Stage-3 specifications and 3GPP is actually
   waiting for this document to ship.

Personnel

  Jouni Korhonen ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
  Benoit Claise ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.