Subject: [radext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:56:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Support of fragmentation of RADIUS packets
        Authors         : Alejandro Perez-Mendez
                          Rafa Marin-Lopez
                          Fernando Pereniguez-Garcia
                          Gabriel Lopez-Millan
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Alan DeKok
	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-09.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2014-12-10

Abstract:
   The Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) protocol is
   limited to a total packet size of 4096 octets.  Provisions exist for
   fragmenting large amounts of authentication data across multiple
   packets, via Access-Challenge.  No similar provisions exist for
   fragmenting large amounts of authorization data.  This document
   specifies how existing RADIUS mechanisms can be leveraged to provide
   that functionality.  These mechanisms are largely compatible with
   existing implementations, and are designed to be invisible to
   proxies, and "fail-safe" to legacy RADIUS Clients and Servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alejandro Perez Mendez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:04:44 +0100

Dear all,

we have submitted a new revision of our draft, addressing Benoit's and 
Barry's comments raised during AD's review. Most notably, we have 
introduced a new section called "Document status", where the details of 
the experiment are detailed. We've also added RFCs 2865, 6158 in the 
"updates" clause.

Best regards,
Alejandro

> _______________________________________________
> radext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:50:15 +0100

Thank you Alejandro,

I reviewed the new versions: the changes look good.
I'm sending the draft to IETF LC.

Regards, Benoit
> introduced a new section called "Document status", where the details 
> of the experiment are detailed. We've also added RFCs 2865, 6158 in 
> the "updates" clause.
>
> Best regards,
> Alejandro
>

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 08:13:20 -0500

> I'm sending the draft to IETF LC.

I agree, and thanks.

Barry