Subject: [radext] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-11: (with COMMENT)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 06:47:20 -0800

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-radius-fragmentation/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I echo Adrian's thanks for positioning this as Experimental, and
describing what the experiment is.

I echo Barry's "well-written document".

I'm delighted to read this text:

12.4.  Transport behaviour

   This proposal does not modify the way RADIUS interacts with the
   underlying transport (UDP).  That is, RADIUS keeps following a lock-
   step behaviour, that requires receiving an explicit acknowledge for
   each chunk sent.  Hence, bursts of traffic which could congest links
   between peers are not an issue.