Subject: [radext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-radext-datatypes-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 10:43:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Data Types in the Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service Protocol (RADIUS)
        Author          : Alan DeKok
	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-datatypes-02.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2015-11-02

Abstract:
   RADIUS specifications have used data types for two decades without
   defining them as managed entities.  During this time, RADIUS
   implementations have named the data types, and have used them in
   attribute definitions.  This document updates the specifications to
   better follow established practice.  We do this by naming the data
   types defined in RFC 6158, which have been used since at least RFC
   2865.  We provide an IANA registry for the data types, and update the
   RADIUS Attribute Type registry to include a "Data Type" field for
   each attribute.  Finally, we recommend that authors of RADIUS
   specifications use these types in preference to existing practice.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-datatypes/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-radext-datatypes-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-radext-datatypes-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/