Subject: [radext] RFC 7930 on Larger Packets for RADIUS over TCP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 14:38:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7930

        Title:      Larger Packets for RADIUS over TCP 
        Author:     S. Hartman
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22676
        Updates:    RFC 6613

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-bigger-packets-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7930

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7930

The RADIUS-over-TLS experiment described in RFC 6614 has opened
RADIUS to new use cases where the 4096-octet maximum size limit of a
RADIUS packet proves problematic.  This specification extends the
RADIUS-over-TCP experiment (RFC 6613) to permit larger RADIUS
packets.  This specification compliments other ongoing work to permit
fragmentation of RADIUS authorization information.  This document
registers a new RADIUS code, an action that required IESG approval.

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC