Subject: [RADIR] Comparison of proposals?

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:24:37 -0400

Hi all,

A little bird has mentioned that the ROAP directorate may be doing  
some work that is a comparison of the various architectural  
proposals.  Is this true?

If so, Scott and Lixia are also working on a conceptual taxonomy and  
comparison of the proposals all ready.  Is there any interest in  
collaborating on this work?  There's plenty to go around...

Regards,
Tony

_______________________________________________
RADIR mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radir

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:47:31 -0700

> some work that is a comparison of the various architectural  

have not heard from RADIR, or even about RADIR. this msg is first  
ever, sounds interesting. I wonder what are on the list of  
architectural proposals? (e.g. would "routing on flat label" be  
considered one?)

I know I* assigned a task of assembling together a problem statement  
viewed from all angles.  Wonder how close to that goal?  That'd be a  
really important document.

> If so, Scott and Lixia are also working on a conceptual taxonomy  
> and comparison of the proposals all ready.  Is there any interest  
> in collaborating on this work?  There's plenty to go around...

I agree.
much delayed, I sent Scott a (still incomplete) sketch of taxonomy on  
different schemes that we've heard so far on how to do mapping  
between so called "loc"--"id".  (I said 'so called', because they are  
not the same thing that HIP people would call loc and id). Now the  
ball for this taxonomy draft started rolling I hope progress would be  
fast.

regarding architectural proposals, I kind of view all the proposals  
that need some sort of "mapping" as falling into the same type of  
architecture, the differences among them are specifics, not principles.

I mentioned to Tony earlier that another draft a few other people  
(include myself) hope to submit soon is a terminology clarification,  
address the above terminology overloading problem.

Lixia

---

From: Peter Schoenmaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:48:35 -0400

Dropped, tony, scott, and lixia.

I'm guessing we should talk about the response to this on our call  
tomorrow?  I haven't seen anything yet.

peter

On Apr 23, 2007, at 10:47 PM, Lixia Zhang wrote:

> I know I* assigned a task of assembling together a problem  
> statement viewed from all angles.  Wonder how close to that goal?   
> That'd be a really important document.
>
> much delayed, I sent Scott a (still incomplete) sketch of taxonomy  
> on different schemes that we've heard so far on how to do mapping  
> between so called "loc"--"id".  (I said 'so called', because they  
> are not the same thing that HIP people would call loc and id). Now  
> the ball for this taxonomy draft started rolling I hope progress  
> would be fast.
>
> (include myself) hope to submit soon is a terminology  
> clarification, address the above terminology overloading problem.
>
> Lixia
>
>