Subject: [RADIR] 2007-11-27 meeting notes

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:27:58 -0500

2007-11-27: RADIR call

present: thomas, marla, john, erik, peter

>   what is happening in RRG?

see
http://www3.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/RoutingResearchGroup
  
and

http://www3.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/RRGagendaVancouver

Agenda surprisingly unfull. LISP still has the most apparent effort
behind it. Relatively little traffic on RRG over last 1-2 months.
  
>  did lixia get her taxonomy draft out?

I wasn't able to find anything obvious in the ID directory and it's
not listed on the agenda.

AI: thomas to followup with Lixia/Scott Brim on status.

>  no significant feedback on problem statement

I've recieved one comment. Olaf did ask the IAB/IESG to review the
document. Olaf (today) says there was some discussion (not clear how
much)  and will summarize the feedback for us over the next week.

AI: touch base with Olaf/Russ on next steps for RADIR.
  
>   meeting in Vancouver?

No apparent need.  Thomas won't be in Vancouver; John, Erik, Marla
will be, should need for meeting arise.

> Anything happening in routing area WGs? E.g. IDR extensions?

john: things related to BGP. Not aware of anything directly
related. have been some offline efforts. trying to get researchers
funded. Look at the real issues in BGP. Issue keeps coming up. mostly
just people within companies trying to get money pried loose for
researchers.

Summary of Action Items:

AI: (thomas) follow up with lixia/scott on framework doc.

AI: (thomas) russ/olaf on radir status.

Thomas

_______________________________________________
RADIR mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radir

---

From: Vince Fuller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:09:00 -0800

> will be, should need for meeting arise.

I will also be in Vancouver. Apology for missing today's meeting - I had a
conflict.

	--Vince