Subject: (radius) Proxy-State Order

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:04:08 -0800

Is there anything that requires the Proxy-State Attribute in an 
Access-Accept packet to be the first (or before) the other attributes,
if a Proxy-State attribute was received in the Access-Request?

Currently we append the Proxy-State at the end of the Access-Accept
and a couple of vendors are having problems Proxying to us, because
they are only looking at the first attribute for the Proxy-State.

RFC 2138 specifically says that you do not have to preserve order
for different attributes (only for multiple attributes of the same
type).  Does any of the roaming drafts address this?

-- 

Dale E. Reed Jr.      Emerald and RadiusNT
__________________________________________
IEA Software, Inc.    www.iea-software.com
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:23:12 -0800 (PST)

> if a Proxy-State attribute was received in the Access-Request?

Not that I know of.

> they are only looking at the first attribute for the Proxy-State.

Offhand I'd say the other vendors are broken and your behavior is fine.

> type).  Does any of the roaming drafts address this?

Nope.

-