Subject: (radius) User-Name attribute in Access Accept

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:34:34 -0800 (PST)

A while back Aydin mentioned that there was WG consensus that the
User-Name attribute should be allowed in Access Accept packets.  Is
this/will this be reflected in the upcoming revision of RFC 2138?

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Carl Rigney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:02:12 -0800 (PST)

Should the SHOULD be a MUST?  Most existing RADIUS clients probably
don't honor this right now, so SHOULD allows it and recommends it,
but doesn't make implementations that don't do it now broken when the
new RFC comes out.

> This Attribute indicates the name of the user to be authenticated.  It
> MUST be sent in Access-Request packets.  It MAY be sent in an
> Access-Accept packet, in which case the client SHOULD use the name
> returned in the Access-Accept packet in any Accounting-Request packets
> for this session.

--
Carl Rigney
[email-masked]
-