Subject: (radius) Call Check

From: Carl Rigney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:16:08 -0800 (PST)

The new RADIUS draft allocates a Service-Type for Call-Check (10) but doesn't
discuss it in depth.  Call Check seems to still be in enough flux that rather
than document it in the RADIUS draft, I'm thinking it might be better to write
up an experimental or informational draft covering it in more detail, so that
can be revised as we get more implementation experience with it, without having
to re-issue the entire 100-page RADIUS draft.

Does anyone object?

Likewise for Acct-Status-Type for Session-Failed.  I'd like to do it
as a short experimental draft, along with values for failure codes
(which I suspect will generate a LOT of discussion, so I want to hold
off on it for now).

After both of those get real-world experience and acceptance, possibly they
can be folded into a future revision of the extensions draft, although its
getting pretty darn hefty itself.

--
Carl Rigney
[email-masked]

"It doesn't have to finish but it has to stop." -- Mike O'Dell
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:49:39 -0800 (PST)

> to re-issue the entire 100-page RADIUS draft.

What does Call-Check do?  I can't find it in any draft...

> (which I suspect will generate a LOT of discussion, so I want to hold

Let's just get this stuff done, shall we?

> getting pretty darn hefty itself.

Why do we need any real-world experience to put something in a draft?  If
it's useless, it can always be taken out before the doc goes to Draft
Standard.

-

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:52:20 -0800 (PST)

> (which I suspect will generate a LOT of discussion, so I want to hold

I'll volunteer to write it, if you'll supply a number...

-