Subject: RE: (radius) More detail on Proxy (fwd)

From: MegaZone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:02:26 -0800 (PST)

Once upon a time Bernard Aboba shaped the electrons to say...
>As part of that policy function, MERIT defined
>Acct-Status-Type=Proxy-Stop (6). This is used 

3Com/USR has an Acct-Status-Type = Cancel (6)

Are these used for the same thing, or is this a conflict?

-MZ
-- 
-=*X GOT CLUE? ISPF II - SAN DIEGO, CA 3/6-10 <URL:http://www.ispf.com/> X*=-
<URL:mailto:[email-masked]> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me..
Join ISP/C Internet Service Providers' Consortium <URL:http://www.ispc.org/>
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/>  <URL:http://www.gweep.net/>  Hail Discordia!
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: William Bulley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:19:24 -0500 (EST)

> Are these used for the same thing, or is this a conflict?

This is a conflict.  Or a mis-statement...  :-)

These are the Merit values and (should be) the USR/3COM values:

VALUE           Acct-Status-Type        Start                   1
VALUE           Acct-Status-Type        Stop                    2
VALUE           Acct-Status-Type        Alive                   3
VALUE           Acct-Status-Type        Modem-Start             4
VALUE           Acct-Status-Type        Modem-Stop              5
VALUE           Acct-Status-Type        Cancel                  6
VALUE           Acct-Status-Type        Accounting-On           7
VALUE           Acct-Status-Type        Accounting-Off          8

Regards,

web...

-- 
William Bulley                     Senior Systems Research Programmer
Merit Network, Inc.                Email: [email-masked]
4251 Plymouth Road, Suite C        Phone: (734) 764-9993
Ann Arbor, Michigan  48105-2785    Fax:   (734) 647-3185

[Sniglets (c) 1999] Hip-Hop-crisy: noun; the state-of-being where a
person pretends to like the Grammy Award winning musical art form...
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 14:12:00 -0800

Am I correct in saying that 
Acct-Status-Type=Cancel (6) is *only*
sent by proxies when they convert an Access-Accept
to an Access-Reject? Do both MERIT and USR/3Com
use it this way? 

By the way, what is ALIVE used for? Is this for
Interim accounting?

-

---

From: William Bulley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 11:07:51 -0500 (EST)

According to Bernard Aboba:
> to an Access-Reject?

I believe that is the way we use it.  We use it this
way in MichNet -- others don't use it this way IMHO.

> Do both MERIT and USR/3Com use it this way? 

We do, but you'd have to ask them about theirs...

> By the way, what is ALIVE used for? Is this for

We don't use it (yet) -- we had talked about using it for
a sort of "accounting checkpoint" message -- perhaps this
is what the accounting Interim message is used for...

Regards,

web...