Subject: (radius) accounting for failed calls

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:02:24 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to figure out how to do this in an interoperable way.  Somebody
suggested that I send an Accounting-Request with a status type of stop, no
user name and a session time of 0, along with a VSA representing the
reason for failure.  The question is, how many RADIUS accounting servers
would this break? 

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:43:41 -0800

> reason for failure.  The question is, how many RADIUS accounting servers

As long as it includes NAS-Identifier and NAS-Port, it would be great.
The rest is up to the user of our software on whether they want to 
log it or not.  You could use the Acct-Terminate-Cause rather than a
VSA (it you can) to make it more generic.

-- 

Dale E. Reed Jr.      Emerald and RadiusNT
__________________________________________
IEA Software, Inc.    www.iea-software.com
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.