Subject: (radius) Extending the values of NAS-Port-Type

From: Mark S Petrovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:22:54 -0700

As high-speed access methods emerge and become commonplace, network
providers become interested in denoting access methods not listed in
draft-ietf-radius-radius-v2-01.txt.  

We wish to propose three new values of the NAS-Port-Type attribute:
"xDSL", "cable", and "wireless".  

draft-ietf-radius-radius-v2-01.txt already includes specific DSL
varieties, such as ADSL and SDSL.  However, we envision situations
where knowledge of the specific DSL variety is not available to the
NAS, but where nonetheless "xDSL" might be indicated based on the NAS
configuration and the physical circuit bearing the session.

"cable" and "wireless" would be applied to users gaining network access
through traditional CATV systems and wireless devices, respectively.

--
Mark S. Petrovic                             
EarthLink Network, Inc.
Pasadena, CA
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.