Subject: [RAI] RAI-ART review of draft-ietf-sip-hitchhikers-guide-03

From: Joerg Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:45:33 +0200

Hi,

I am the assigned RAI-ART reviewer for draft-ietf-sip-hitchhikers-guide-03

For background on RAI-ART, please see the FAQ at 
<http://www.softarmor.com/rai/art/rai-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve the comments below along with any other
Last Call comments you may receive.

It may be worthwhile to include the advice in the beginning:

"Do not print all the specs cited here at once, as they
might share the fate of the rules of Brockian Ultracricket
when bound together: collapse under their own gravity and
form a black hole. [42]"

Joerg

Review of draft-ietf-sip-hitchhikers-guide-03:

This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC.
Please consider the suggestions and nits listed below.

Observations and suggestions:

Sect. 5, p10, RFC4244:

     "Its primary purpose _was_ in support of voicemail services."

     This reads like the document became obsolete already.
     Is this intentional?  If so, would it be useful to also
     indicate which other purposes it now serves (or none
     at all)?

Sect. 7, p13, RFC4583:

     This should go to the conferencing section (sect. 8).

Sect. 7, p13, RFCXXXX [59]:

     This should explicitly state that it builds upon the general
     mechanisms of RFC 3312 (which only is described later).

Sect. 9, p14, RFC3515:

     It may be useful to add a warning clause concerning REFER,
     e.g., along the following lines:

     "Beware that not all potential uses of REFER (neither for all
      methods nor for all URI schemes) are well defined.  Be advised
      to use only the well-defined ones and not to second guess or
      freely assume behavior for the others to avoid unexpected
      behavior of remote UAs, interoperability issues, and other
      bad surprises."

Nits:

Sect. 9, p14, RFC3515:

     2nd sentence: "Its" -> "It is"

_______________________________________________
RAI mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rai