Subject: [RAI] Incoming liaison from MPEG

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:41:10 +0100

Hi all,
We have received a liaison statement from MPEG.  They inform us of their
progress at their last meeting in Korea.  Their streaming over HTTP
technology (known as DASH) is now in Draft International Standard (DIS)
state, and support for DASH has also been included in a Draft Amendment to
their MPEG-4 file format specification.  With respect to the latter, the AVT
folks may find the informal description of RTP's synchronization mechanisms
in Annex H particularly interesting.  I glanced over it and found it
consistent with RTP and its common use, but perhaps someone else wants to
check as well?
No actions are required by the IETF, but they welcome comments and
participation.
The statement should be available in the official IETF tracker
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/) shortly; until then, you can email
me for a copy.
Regards,
Stephan