Subject: [RAI] SIPNOC news Dr Henning Schulzrinne will be keynote speaker

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 18:50:05 -0500

he SIP Forum Announces FCC Chief Technology Officer 

Henning Schulzrinne Keynote Speaker for SIPNOC US 2012

SIP Visionary Schulzrinne to address the worldwide service provider
community on SIP technology and opportunities facing the IP communications
industry

NORTH ANDOVER, MA (March 5, 2012) - The SIP Forum announced today Federal
Communications Commission (FCC) Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Henning
Schulzrinne as the keynote speaker for the second annual SIP Network
Operators Conference (SIPNOC), being held at the Hyatt Dulles Hotel in
Herndon, VA, June 25-27, 2012. 

SIPNOC US 2012 will host an international audience focused on the
operational and technical aspects of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) in
service provider networks and issues critical to the reliable and successful
deployment and operation of SIP-based services in carrier networks. The
agenda will feature special presentations, panel discussions and workshops
covering key topics by network operators related to SIP-based services and
infrastructure, including testing, application development, SIP trunking,
FoIP, call routing and peering, troubleshooting and monitoring, emergency
services and more. The event website is located at www.sipnoc.org.

"I'm excited to be able to talk about the challenges and opportunities of
moving to an all-IP network to this international audience of network
operational and technical professionals," said Schulzrinne. "As part of my
participation in SIPNOC US 2012, I hope to gain a richer perspective on the
future of SIP-enabled communications among service providers."

"The SIP Forum is delighted to have Henning keynote this year's SIPNOC
event," said Richard Shockey, Chairman of the Board of the SIP Forum.
"Henning is universally acclaimed as the Father of the SIP standard. We have
come a long way since the first SIP specification was adopted in 1999, and
we still have much work to do. We look forward to hearing Henning's insights
on where we are headed." 

As CTO of the FCC, Schulzrinne guides the organization's work on technology
and engineering issues, together with the FCC's Office of Engineering and
Technology. He advises on matters across the agency to ensure that FCC
policies are driving technological innovation, including serving as a
resource to FCC Commissioners.  Schulzrinne joined the FCC in 2010 as an
Engineering Fellow. 

Schulzrinne serves as Julian Clarence Levi Professor of Mathematical Methods
and Computer Science and Professor of Engineering at The Fu Foundation
School of Engineering at Columbia University.  Over the course of his
career, he has published more than 250 journal and conference papers and
more than 70 Internet Requests for Comment (RFCs) - working to shape the key
protocols for enabling voice-over-IP (VoIP) and other multimedia
applications, including the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) which have
become Internet Standards.  His research interests include Internet
multimedia systems, applied network engineering, wireless networks,
security, quality of service, and performance evaluation.

"Mr. Schulzrinne is one of the key architects of the SIP standard, and a
leading mind in the IP communications industry.  We are simply thrilled to
have him take part in this year's SIPNOC event," said Marc Robins, SIP Forum
President and Managing Director. 

SIPNOC US 2012 will build on themes first discussed at last year's inaugural
event: addressing issues critical to the reliable and successful deployment
and operation of SIP-based services in carrier networks and the
opportunities that come with it. Among the topics expected to be on the
agenda at this year's conference are SIP trunking interoperability and the
SIP Forum's recently ratified SIPconnect 1.1 technical specification that
provides a definitive and standardized set of guidelines for seamless,
end-to-end interoperability between SIP-enabled IP-PBXs and service provider
networks. Other themes to be discussed include Fax over Internet protocol
(FoIP) interworking, implementing SIP with IPv6, and the sharing of best
practices for the utilization of Wireshark for network diagnostics within IP
network environments. 

Attendees at SIPNOC US 2012 will include engineers and network architects
from telecommunications providers, major backbone operators, interconnect
and wholesale solution providers, ISPs, cable operators, wireless network
operators as well as large enterprises deploying major SIP initiatives. At
last year's SIPNOC 2011, informational presentations were made by a number
of professionals from organizations such as Comcast Cable, Cox
Communications, Sprint Nextel, CableLabs and the Internet Engineering Task
Force (IETF). Dr. Douglas C. Sicker, Chief Technologist at the Federal
Communications Commission, provided the keynote speech. 

For more information about SIPNOC US 2012, please visit www.sipnoc.org or
send an email to [email-masked]. 

REGISTER TODAY-  $100 Discount for Limited Time 

Registration for SIPNOC US 2012 is now open, and for a limited time
attendees can take advantage of a special $100 discount off the regular
registration rate by entering code "sipnocus12100" on the initial
registration page.  Click here to register or visit
http://www.regonline.com/sipnocus2012.

ABOUT THE SIP FORUM

The SIP Forum is an IP communications industry association that engages in
numerous activities that promote and advance SIP-based technology, such as
the development of industry recommendations, the SIPit interoperability and
testing events, special interoperability workshops, educational seminars,
and general promotion of SIP in the industry.  One of the Forum's notable
technical activities is the development of the SIPconnect Technical
Recommendation -- a standards-based recommendation that provides detailed
guidelines for direct IP peering and interoperability between IP PBXs and
VoIP service provider networks. The SIPconnect Compliant Certification
Program is an associated program through which eligible companies can gain
SIPconnect validation and the right to license the use of the SIP Forum's
'SIPconnect Compliant' certification mark -- the official brand of the
leading standard for SIP Trunking products and services. Other important
Forum initiatives include work in Fax-over-IP interoperability, User Agent
Configuration, video interoperability, and SIP and IPv6. For more
information, please visit: http://www.sipforum.org.

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting
Chairman of the Board of Directors SIP Forum
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
< <mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> mailto:richard(at)shockey.us>
skype-linkedin-facebook: rshockey101
http//www.sipforum.org