Subject: [RAI] Fwd: NOMCOM 2014 - nominations extended for RAI, OAM, TSV and INT - Oct 20

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:55:50 -0500

Just in case you haven't seen this elsewhere.  They are asking for more
nominations for the RAI AD position.  Even if you don't nominate someone,
it's extremely useful for Nomcom to get feedback on the nominees as well as
the area in general.

Regards,
Mary
- as a past Nomcom chair that knows how hard this task is

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: NomCom Chair 2014 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Subject: NOMCOM 2014 - nominations extended for RAI, OAM, TSV and INT - Oct
20
To: Working Group Chairs <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

{apologies if you see this multiple times}

The 2014-15 Nominating Committee (Nomcom) will still accept nominations
from now until October 20, 2014 AT MIDNIGHT EDT for the IESG positions
of Area Director for:
   - RAI - 2
   - OAM - 1
   - TSV - 1
   - INT - 2
   - GEN - 1    (IETF Chair)

area.  While in each case we have an incumbent who is willing to continue,
and in two of those areas we have one additional candidate; we would dearly
like to be be selecting from a slightly larger field.

It is impossible for the NOMCOM to be sure that we have the best candidate
if we have only one possible candidate. Even if the you think the incumbent
is the best
person for the job, it is important, if only for succession planning, to
know who else
could do the job.

At least one of these incumbents have said clearly that this really has
become a 50% commitment of a 40 hour week, i.e. it is possible to do
significant work on a "day job"

For the above five positions there are 9 nominees who have neither
accepted nor declined.  If you nominated someone and their name does not
appear at:
       https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2014/private/feedback/

that's because they have either declined, or they have not indicated
things one way or other.   Perhaps they are still deciding, or perhaps
they never got the email, you can help the nomcom by confirming with them.

====

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of
the Nomcom 2014 home page, or by visiting the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2014/nominate/

  {Note that nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org
   datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account
   if you don't have one already by visiting the following URL:
      https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/ }

Nominations may also be made by email to [email-masked].

If use email, please include the word "Nominate" in the Subject and
indicate in the email who is being nominated, their email address (to
confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the position for which you
are making the nomination. If you wish to nominate someone via email
for more than one position, please use separate emails to do so.

Self-nomination is welcome!

NomCom 2014-15 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in RFC 5680.  As stated in RFC 5680: "The list of
nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the
current Nomcom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each
position will be listed in a publicly accessible way - anyone with a
datatracker account may access the lists.  In all other ways, the
confidentiality requirements of RFC 3777/BCP10 remain in effect.  All
feedback and all Nomcom deliberations will remain confidential and will
not be disclosed.

Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of your
nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management permission,
as it is easier to decline the nomination, than put one in late.
We've set the questionnaire submission deadline for October 25, 2014.

The Nomcom appoints individuals to fill the open slots on the
IAOC, the IAB, and the IESG. The list of people and posts whose terms
end with the March 2015 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which
this Nomcom is responsible, follows:

IAOC:
Randy Bush

IAB:
Joel Halpern*
Russ Housley
Eliot Lear
Xing Li
Andrew Sullivan
Dave Thaler

IESG:
Pete Resnick* (Applications)
Ted Lemon (Internet)
Joel Jaeggli (Operations and Management)
Richard Barnes (RAI)
Adrian Farrel* (Routing)
Stephen Farrell (Security)
Spencer Dawkins (Transport)
Jari Arkko (Gen)

*- known to have decline to run again.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS LIKELY THAT APPLICATIONS AREA WILL NOT
BE FILLED AT THE IESG REQUEST.

Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
positions, as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for
the IETF, and also, please consider accepting a nomination.  You'll
find extensive information about specific positions, developed by
the IAB, IESG, and IAOC, under individual tabs at:

  https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2014/requirements/

In addition to nominations, the Nomcom seeks community input on
the positions themselves.  We need and welcome the community's
views and input on the jobs within each organization. If you
have ideas on the positions' responsibilities (more, less,
different), please let us know.

Please send suggestions and feedback about this to [email-masked].

Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!

Michael Richardson
Nomcom Chair 2014-15
[email-masked], [email-masked]

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 12:56:48 -0500

FYI...there was an error in the link to provide feedback.  Here's the
correct one.

Mary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: NOMCOM 2014 - nominations extended for RAI, OAM, TSV and INT -
Oct 20
To: Working Group Chairs <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

NomCom Chair 2014 <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > accepted nor declined.  If you nominated someone and their name does
    > not appear at:

This is the correct URL:
     https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2014/feedback/

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-