Subject: [RAM] RAM list is closing

From: Dow Street <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:30:58 -0400

Dear RAM list participants,

Last year a decision was made to move the discussion of new routing  
and addressing architectures from the RAM mailing list to the RRG  
mailing list.  At that point, the RAM list entered something of a  
dormant phase, with its ongoing utility to be evaluated over time.   
Lixia's email below provides additional background.

Based on the very low level of list activity since then, the IAB has  
determined that the RAM list is no longer needed and intends to close  
the list in the near future.  List participants are directed to the  
RRG mailing list for any follow-on discussions of new routing and  
addressing architectures.  The architecture-discuss list is also  
available for related architecture topics that fall outside of RRG  
scope.  Information about architecture-discuss can be found at  
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss

The IAB intends to maintain a publicly accessible archive for RAM.

for the IAB,

Dow Street
IAB Exec Dir

On Aug 22, 2007, at 12:24 PM, Lixia Zhang wrote:

> Dear RAM list participants,
>
> As you all know, currently we have routing and addressing architecture
> discussions going on two separate mailing lists, RAM and RRG. This is
> solely a consequence of past events: RAM list was created November  
> last
> year following the IAB workshop on routing and addressing.  RRG was
> rechartered March this year to explore new routing architectures and
> protocols; since then RRG list has been carrying active discussions
> towards that goal. As RRG co-chairs, Tony Li and I would welcome  
> all the
> related discussions occurring on the RRG list.  However because RAM  
> list
> started earlier, a big part of the discussions have continued on  
> RAM list.
>
> Wearing my RAM list moderator hat, and with the agreement of the  
> IAB, I
> would like to urge the community to move all the discussions around a
> new routing and addressing architecture research to RRG mailing  
> list (To
> subscribe RRG list, send mail to [email-masked] with the word
> "subscribe" in the body of your email).
>
> The IAB plans to review, over time, whether the RAM list then  
> continues
> to serve a useful function -- i.e., whether there are routing &
> addressing topics worthy of discussion that belong neither in the RRG
> discussions nor in any other existing IETF mailing list venue.  Please
> feel free to help identify those topics and discussions. Other related
> IETF WGs include IDR and GROW at this time, and new venues may be
> created as results from the RRG or elsewhere reach status where
> standardization can begin.
>
> Lixia (with multiple hats on)
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> RAM mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram

_______________________________________________
RAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram