Subject: RE: DRQ

From: "Iliff, Tina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 15:58:41 +0000

Riccardo,

My responses to your questions are embedded below preceded by tli>>

Tina Iliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Riccardo Scandariato [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 5:11 AM
To: IETF RAP WG
Subject: DRQ

Please, I have a couple of questions:

1) Can PDP force the PEP to delete a request state? If yes, how?
tli>> Yes, the PDP can request that the PEP deletes a request state.  This
is done using a DEC message (Command-Code=Remove and Request-State Flag
set).  Please reference RFC2748, Section 3.2 Decision (DEC)  PDP->PEP, 4th
paragraph.

> [RFC 2748]
>
> 3.4 Delete Request State (DRQ)  PEP -> PDP
>
>    When sent from the PEP this message indicates to the remote PDP that
>    the state identified by the client handle is no longer
>    available/relevant. 

2) "When" (in above quote) means that also PDP can send this message? If
yes, why?
tli>> The PDP may want to remove a request state, say for instance, if it
had requested a new request state from the PEP and the PEP returned the
error "MaxRequestStatesOpen".  This is just an example.

Thanks for help, cheers

riccardo