Subject: draft-jacquenet-ip-te-cops-01.txt

From: JACQUENET Christian FTRD/DMI/CAE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:17:54 +0100

Dear all,

FYI: A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: A COPS client-type for IP traffic engineering
	Author(s)	: C. Jacquenet
	Filename	: draft-jacquenet-ip-te-cops-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 01-Mar-01
	
This draft specifies a COPS (Common Open Policy Service, [2])client-
type designed for the enforcement of IP Traffic Engineering (IP TE) 
policies within IP networks. The usage of this IP TE COPS client-type 
is based upon the activation of the COPS protocol for policy 
provisioning purposes (COPS-PR, [3]).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jacquenet-ip-te-cops-01.txt

Depending on the current rap agenda for the Minneapolis meeting, would it be
possible to get allocated a 10-minute slot for a presentation of this draft?

Comments on this spec are warmly welcome.

Cheers,

Christian.

---

From: "Yacine El Mghazli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:45:59 +0100

Christian,

Why do you use a new client type for provisioning purposes instead of the
already existing COPS-PR one ?
What prevent you from using the normal provisioning scheme ? I'm sure you
have any good reason but I can't get it, I'm not a routing/TE expert !
Thanx
Yacine

----- Original Message -----
From: "JACQUENET Christian FTRD/DMI/CAE"
<[email-masked]>
To: "'Andrew Smith (co-chair rap)'" <[email-masked]>; "'Mark Stevens
(co-chair rap)'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 11:17 AM
Subject: draft-jacquenet-ip-te-cops-01.txt