Subject: help me out !!!

From: "sridhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:04:27 -0800

hi all,
 these r few questions for which i need help.i am looking forward for a 
 positive response                                        
                                                       with warm regards
                                                            BAMSI
======================================================================
2.4 Decision Object (Decision)
	
DECISION FLAGS
   The only decision flag that applies to RSVP:

  Trigger Error

     If this flag is set, RSVP should schedule a PathErr, in response
     to a Path message, or a ResvErr (in response of a Resv message).

Q)  when pdp should set error as  trigger error?explanation with example would be better?
Q) what is the flag code  value for this?

[Page 5]

 The PEP may also have the capability to make a local policy decision
 via its Local Policy Decision Point (LPDP) [WRK],

3.5 PEP Caching COPS Decisions

    If the connection can not be reestablished with the PDP or a
   backup PDP after the timeout period, the PEP is expected to purge all
   its cached decisions. Without applicable cached decision, the PEP
   must either reject the flow or resort to its LPDP (if available) for
   decisions.

Q) what type of decisions can  LPDP make?
Q) all the process decisions r to be cached in LPDP also?
Q) Is LPDP has all the policy info or can access the polices stored in policy repository?
Q) can backup pdp decisions r final or else it has to again send  it to primary pdp for final approval when connection is re-established with primary pdp?

3.3 RSVP's Capacity Admission Control: Commit and Delete

   In RSVP, the admission of a new reservation requires both an
   administrative approval (policy control) and capacity admission
   control. After being approved by both, and after the reservation was
   successfully installed, the PEP notifies the remote PDP by sending a
   report message specifying the Commit type.

   Q) where is the reservation installed?
   Q)who takes care of installing these Reservation?

---

From: "divyak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:50:20 +0530

hiiii......

I  may like to add some more doubts to this mail.

Ref :RFC 2748     2.3

If a PEP is in communication with a backup PDP and the primary PDP becomes
available, the backup PDP is responsible for redirecting the PEP back to the
primary PDP (via a message containing a object identifying the primary PDP
to use for each affected client-type).

Q1: After redirecitng to another backup PDP , why should that PDP redirect
the PEP to the primary PDP  when it comes
      up?And how does the backup PDP know when the primary  PDP comes up?
Q2: Can the back up PDP take decisions independent of primary PDP? If so,
why should it inform the decisions to the               	primary PDP ?

Regards Divya.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
sridhar
Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2001 5:34 AM
To: Kulkarni, Amol
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: help me out !!!

hi all,

DECISION FLAGS

  Trigger Error

Q)  when pdp should set error as  trigger error?explanation with example
would be better?
Q) what is the flag code  value for this?

[Page 5]

Q) what type of decisions can  LPDP make?
Q) all the process decisions r to be cached in LPDP also?
Q) Is LPDP has all the policy info or can access the polices stored in
policy repository?
Q) can backup pdp decisions r final or else it has to again send  it to
primary pdp for final approval when connection is re-established with
primary pdp?