Subject: [Raven] Internet Draft comments

From: "P.J. Ponder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:14:58 -0500 (EST)

In the interest of nudging the list back toward the actual draft of the
wiretapping document, I think the document as originally posted is concise
and addresses the major points that are the subject of the questions
raised.  

There were some comments about the definition of 'wire-tapping', and some
other more or less substantive comments in the rest of the draft.  These
comments may deserve further discussion.

Overall, though, I think the draft is more than adequate as it stands to
set forth a reasoned and articulate policy statement for the IETF, the
IAB, and the IESG regarding wiretapping.  I don't see any glaring errors
or 'show-stoppers' in the draft, and I am willing to argue that we have
reached that state of grace once described as 'rough consensus'.  

We could debate grammatical niceties and diction, but in terms of
substance, I think we have a policy statement that makes sense and cleary
states a position.

_______________________________________________
raven mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/raven