Subject: [rddp] RE: Verbs?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 21:22:49 -0400

> What is the extent to which verb specification is
> permissable and/or desirable?
> 
> My assumption has been that the *capabilities* of the local
> interface are fully in scope because they are needed to
> establish semantics and clarify security issues. But
> something that made assumptions about the local programming
> model, even to the extent that InfiniBand verbs do, was
> going to far.
> 
> How close to a correct guideline is that?

I believe that's a good approach.  However, since a procedural
question was asked, the procedural answer is roughly the same
one that our AD gave in Yokohama about work on RDDP at the IP
layer:

Verbs are not currently in the rddp WG charter, so it would be
necessary to change the charter to allow work on them.  Anyone
interested in bringing about such a change is encouraged to
submit one or more Internet-Drafts as a basis for further
discussion.  FWIW, that's a long version of a frequent AD
response to questions of the form "Could work be done on <X>?",
namely "Send Draft!"

Thanks,
--David
---------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 42 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018
[email-masked]       Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
---------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp