Subject: [rddp] RDDP SF Agenda

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:26:47 -0500

The RDDP WG will meet twice in San Francisco,
1700 to 1800 on Tuesday, March 18, and
1530 to 1730 on Thursday, March 20.

The Problem Statement and Architecture drafts:
- draft-ietf-rddp-problem-statement-01.txt
- draft-ietf-rddp-arch-01.txt
will be WG Last Called on this list within the next few days
(WG Last Call will end after the SF meeting week) and will
not appear on the RDDP SF meeting agenda unless significant
technical issues arise on the mailing list in the interim.

The DDP and RDMAP drafts:
- draft-ietf-rddp-ddp-00.txt
- draft-ietf-rddp-rdmap-00.txt
will have brief time slots to describe what has
changed since Atlanta and deal with any open technical issues.

The SCTP mapping and generic applicability statement drafts:
- draft-stewart-rddp-sctp-02.txt
- draft-bestler-rddp-applicability-00.txt
are new since Atlanta, and will have meeting time on Tuesday
to discuss their contents, deal with any technical issues, and
determine next steps.  Requests will be made to accept these
as official RDDP WG drafts.

The bulk of the 2 hour meeting on Thursday will be spent on
TCP mapping issues, to which the following three drafts are
relevant:
- draft-culley-iwarp-mpa-02.txt
- draft-williams-iwarp-ift-01.txt
- draft-elzur-iwarp-mpa-tcp-analysis-00.txt
Both the Culley (MPA) and Williams (IFT) drafts have changed
since Atlanta.  The Elzur draft provides some rationale for
changes to the Culley (MPA) draft - it is for the information
of WG participants, but will not be "presented" at the meeting.

The goal of the time spent on TCP mapping is to resolve as much
of the open issues blocking WG progress in this area as possible.
The WG's ability to make progress in this area is likely to be
a factor considered in the rechartering of the WG that is scheduled
to happen this month.  Expect to see an agenda structure that
focuses attention on technical issues rather than merits of
individual drafts.  

If there are any other drafts that need meeting time (or other
requests), please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
--David (RDDP WG chair)

----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp