Subject: [rddp] Remote Direct Data Placement (rddp) San Francisco Agenda

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:29:36 -0500

San Francisco IETF Meeting
March 16-21, 2003
---------------------------

Remote Direct Data Placement WG (rddp)

CHAIR:	David L. Black <[email-masked]>

The RDDP WG works on Remote Direct Data Placement and Remote
Direct Memory Access functionality.  For more information,
please refer to the rddp charter at:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/rddp-charter.html

NOTE: The following two drafts are in WG Last Call,
	end at 9am Eastern Time on Monday, March 31st.
	Send comments to the mailing list, [email-masked]:

	- RDMA over IP Problem Statement,
		draft-ietf-rddp-problem-statement-01.txt
	- The Architecture of Direct Data Placement (DDP) And 
		Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) On Internet
		Protocols, draft-ietf-rddp-arch-01.txt

AGENDA:

Tuesday, March 18, 1700-1800
----------------------------	
- Agenda Bashing and Administrivia (10 min)
	- Blue Sheets
	- NOTE WELL
	- Status of drafts

- SCTP Mapping (20 min)
	(draft-stewart-rddp-sctp-02.txt)

- Applicability Statement (15 min)
	(draft-bestler-rddp-applicability-00.txt)

- TCP Mapping Requirements (15 min) [tentative]
	Discussion of requirements on the WG's TCP
	Mapping, including framing work.

WARNING: TCP Mapping Requirements may get moved to between
	RDMAP and TCP mapping on Thursday, in which case
	its current time slot will be used for DDP.

Thursday, March 20, 1530-1730
-----------------------------
- Agenda Re-Bashing and Administrivia (5 min)

- DDP (15 min)
	(draft-ietf-rddp-ddp-00.txt)

- RDMAP (15 min)
	(draft-ietf-rddp-rdmap-00.txt)

- TCP mapping (85 min)
	(draft-culley-iwarp-mpa-02.txt)
	(draft-williams-iwarp-ift-01.txt)
	(draft-elzur-iwarp-mpa-tcp-analysis-00.txt)

	Both the Culley (MPA) and Williams (IFT) drafts have changed
	since Atlanta.  The Elzur draft provides some rationale for
	changes to the Culley (MPA) draft - it is for the information
	of WG participants, but will not be "presented" at the meeting.

	The goal of this time is to resolve as much of the open issues
	blocking WG progress in this area as possible.  The WG's ability
	to make progress in this area is likely to be a factor considered
	in the rechartering of the WG that is scheduled to happen this
	month.  Expect to see this time structured to focus attention on
	technical issues rather than a comparison of the drafts.

NOTE: Attendees should also read the following draft as background
	for the meeting, although no agenda time is allocated to it:

	(1) draft-ietf-rddp-rdma-concerns-00.txt
		Describes concerns that rddp work needs to address.

----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp