Subject: [rddp] Reminder: NICELI Workshop on Network-I/O Convergence (deadline Mar 17)

From: Jeffrey Mogul <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:32:49 -0800

[I'd like to remind people in the RDDP working group about this
workshop; the deadline (no extensions!) for submissions is
in two weeks.]

Inspired by the vigorous technical discussion on this mailing
list, and on other related lists, Allyn Romanow and I are
organizing a workshop directly concerned with RDDP, RDMA, and
related technologies.  We encourage anyone with something
interesting to consider submitting a paper or position
statement.

Here's a short blurb:

    Call For Papers: Workshop on Network-I/O Convergence:
    Experience, Lessons, Implications (NICELI)
    
    in conjunction with SIGCOMM 2003, Karlsruhe, Germany, August, 2003
    
    The performance and commodity price advantages of modern LANs have
    created a convergence of networks and I/O.  This convergence
    promises both price efficiencies and true interoperability, for
    storage and for cluster interconnect.  The NICELI workshop provides
    a forum for researchers and practitioners to discuss the merits,
    drawbacks, applications, and practical implications of protocol and
    implementation designs.  Approaches based on Internet protocols are
    of particular interest.  We invite submissions of research results,
    protocol design rationales, significant implementation experience,
    and architectural papers related to the convergence of networks and
    interconnect.  Both technical papers and position statements are
    welcome.
    
    Deadline: Mar. 17 2003
    Program co-chairs: Allyn Romanow (Cisco) and Jeff Mogul (HP Labs)
    
See <http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2003/workshop/niceli> for
more details.

-Jeff Mogul & Allyn Romanow
_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp