Subject: [rddp] Fwd: [nfsv4] Resend: NFS / RPC / RDMA drafts available

From: "Talpey, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:34:13 -0400

Below is an announcement of three new internet-drafts relevant
to RDDP.

Please be aware that the filename is incorrect for one document.
The "rpcrdma" document should be named "nfsdirect". Here are
the three current URLs:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-callaghan-rpcrdma-00.txt>
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-callaghan-rpc-rdma-00.txt>
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-talpey-nfsv4-rdma-sess-00.txt>

Discussion is in the NFSv4 WG on [email-masked].

Tom.

> ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
>Subject: [nfsv4] Resend: NFS / RPC / RDMA drafts available
>Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:40:32 -0400
>List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
>List-Subscribe: 
><https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4>,<mailto:[email-masked]>g?subject=subscribe>
>From: "Talpey, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>
>Three new drafts are available in the I-D directory today:
>        (http://www.ietf.org/ids.by.wg/none.html)
>
>We look forward to discussing these on the list, and at the
>interim working group meeting next month!
>
>Apparently the URLs are slightly scrambled for two of the documents,
>the first draft appears under the second's title! We'll look to clean this
>up, obviously... The correctly associated URLs appear below, fixed
>from my first mail. Sorry for the glitch.
>
>"RDMA Transport for ONC RPC", Thomas Talpey, Brent Callaghan, 15-May-03. 
>(11729 bytes)  
><http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-callaghan-rpcrdma-00.txt> 
>A protocol is described providing RDMA as a new transport for ONC RPC. The 
>RDMA transport binding conveys the benefits of efficient, bulk data 
>transport over high speed networks, while providing for minimal change to 
>RPC applications and with no required revision of the application RPC 
>protocol, or the RPC protocol itself. 
>
>"NFS Direct Data Placement", Thomas Talpey, Brent Callaghan, 15-May-03. ( 
>bytes)  
><http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-callaghan-rpc-rdma-00.txt> 
>The RDMA transport for ONC RPC supports direct data placement for NFS data. 
>Direct data placement not only reduces the amount of data that needs to be 
>copied in an NFS call, but allows much of the data movement over the network 
>to be implemented in RDMA hardware. This draft describes the use of direct 
>data placement by means of server- initiated RDMA Writes into 
>client-supplied buffers in a Write list for implementations of NFS versions 
>2, 3, and 4 over an RDMA transport. 
>
>"NFSv4 RDMA and Session Extensions", Thomas Talpey, Spencer Shepler, 
>15-May-03. (111000 bytes)  
><http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-talpey-nfsv4-rdma-sess-00.txt> 
>Extensions are proposed to NFS version 4 which enable it to support 
>sessions, connection management, and operation atop RDMA-capable RPC. These 
>extensions enable universal support for Exactly-once Semantics by NFSv4 
>servers, enhanced security, and multipathing and trunking of transport 
>connections. These extensions provide identical benefit over both TCP and 
>RDMA connection types. 
>
>_______________________________________________
>nfsv4 mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
> ---------- End of Forwarded Message ---------- 

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp