Subject: [rddp] MPA issues (1) and (2) - rough consensus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:14:01 -0500

I'm going to go ahead and call consensus on these issues.  I
believe the rough consensus of the RDDP WG is that FAST FPDU
return (responder need not wait for first pdu) and Active/Active
startup are not to be added to the transport mappings (both
MPA and the SCTP mappings).  Both drafts should contain
language indicating that these design choices were considered
and rejected.  For Fast FPDU return, I think Caitlin's request
for some of this discussion is reasonable:

> The additional discussion that clarified the problem being finding
> DDP Segments should probably be incorporated. The justification
> giving initially was incorrect because it assume the active side
> had not chosen an endpoint, when in fact it would typically
> have done so. The problem is not in processing these DDP
> Segments, its in finding them.

I would ask the MPA authors to get Caitlin's approval for the
text that is added on this point.

Any further objections to this rough consensus should be posted
to the list.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp