Subject: [rddp] draft-carrier-rddp-rnic-interop-00.txt

From: "Carrier, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:44:16 -0800

To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:38:09 -0500
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-carrier-rddp-rnic-interop-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: RNIC Interoperability
	Author(s)	: J. Carrier, J. Pinkerton
	Filename	: draft-carrier-rddp-rnic-interop-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-11-22
	
This document describes a mechanism for enabling RDMA Network 
   Interface Cards (RNICs) that implement both the IETF and RDMAC 
   versions of the DDP and RDMAP protocols to interoperate with legacy 
   RNICs that are based on the RDMAC version of the protocols.  The 
   proposed scheme uses MPA Request/Reply Frames to negotiate the 
   protocol version as well as MPA marker and MPA CRC.  A ULP or other 
   supporting entity must perform this negotiation on behalf of the 
   RDMAC RNIC because RDMAC MPA does not define an MPA connection 
   scheme using MPA Request/Reply frames. This draft also makes 
   specific recommendations for minor changes to the IETF MPA, DDP, and 
   RDMAP internet drafts to aid in interoperability.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carrier-rddp-rnic-interop-00.txt

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp