Subject: [rddp] Suggestions for Consolidation the Specification Documents

From: "Rajiv Das" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:13:59 +0530

Hi,
I was just going through all the RDDP Internet Drafts last weekend and I get
a feeling that:
1. The Definitions/Glossary section needs to refer to a master copy so that
variations are not there.
2. The Security section in all the drafts should refer to the Security draft
to reduce redundancy.

It's my feeling that the Architecture document should probably provide the
backbone, something which is not really self-evident now. The diagram below
is intended to show, what I feel can be a reasonable cross-reference
scenario. I realize that the reader must get a complete idea of what each
document intends to convey without too many references, but current feeling
is like the documents aren't tied together anywhere. I believe a federal
structure is the optimum. I feel that with this consolidation, the documents
will provide an even better picture of RDDP.  

 |==============|
 |  1.Concerns  |
 |==============|
	  |
	  ---------------------------------
						    |
						    V
			 +==============================================+
+========================================+
			 +              2. ARCHITECTURE      		+
| 3/4/5/6. RDMA/DDP Spec,RDMA Appl,Prb St|
			 +----------------------------------------------+
|----------------------------------------|
			 +  Definitions
+<--------| Norm Ref to Definitions   		   |
			 +----------------------------------------------+
|----------------------------------------|
			 +  Overview of RDMA/DDP Operations etc.        +
| Norm Ref to Security  			   |-|
			 +----------------------------------------------+
|----------------------------------------| |
			 +  Normative Reference to RDMA Specification   +
| Other Contents                   	   | |
			 +----------------------------------------------+
+========================================+ |
			 +  Normative Reference to DDP Specification    +
| 
			 +----------------------------------------------+
+==============+         		     |
			 +  Normative Reference to Security
+------------->+  7.Security  +<--------------------- 
			 +----------------------------------------------+
+==============+
			 +  Normative Reference to RDMA Applicablility  +
+==============================================+

I believe I have been brief :-)

----------------------
Thanks,
Rajiv Das
Wipro Technologies

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp