Subject: [rddp] RAIT 2006

From: "Hemal Shah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:43:22 -0700

We would like to invite interested parties on this list to submit papers
to the third workshop on RDMA: Applications, Implementations, and
Technologies (RAIT 2006). See below for the detailed call for papers.

Hemal and Jim (RAIT 2006 Workshop co-chairs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

Third Workshop on Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA): Applications,
Implementations, and Technologies (RAIT 2006)

To be held on Sept 28th, 2006, in Barcelona, Spain
in conjunction with the Cluster 2006 conference.

Barcelona, Spain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

Call for papers 
Paper submission 
Important dates 
Organizers and program committee 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

Call for papers

Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) enables transfer of data across a
network directly to and from application buffers without requiring any
intermediate copies or buffers. RDMA, along with direct access to the
networking hardware, also provides a low overhead mechanism for
achieving low latency, high-bandwidth communication. RDMA has become a
desirable feature in high-speed clusters and data-center networks. 

Scope

The RAIT 2006 workshop is the third time that the RAIT workshop has been
held. RAIT 2006 is intended to serve as a forum to present the latest
research work by the researchers and developers from both academia and
industry. The workshop focuses on the applications of RDMA, the
implementation aspects of RDMA, and the technologies for RDMA. Topics of
special interest include advanced new features such as TCP offload
engines embedded within RDMA, virtualization technologies for RDMA, and
new techniques to extend RDMA functionality, such as atomics, multicast,
and broadcast operations.   

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

*        RDMA hardware (RDMA-enabled Ethernet adapters, InfiniBand
adapters, or other adapters)

*        RDMA-aware networks and interfaces

*        Middleware and network services for RDMA-based networking

*       Virtualization and RDMA

*       Applications of RDMA (iSCSI/iSER, NFS, DAFS, SDP, databases,
clustering, storage networking, etc.)

*        RDMA Protocols

*        Protocol offload engines (TCP offload engines, RDMA offload
engines, etc.) 

*       Operating system infrastructure for RDMA

*        RDMA performance evaluation (application performance,
performance metrics, network performance, etc.)

*        RDMA and security

*        Future directions for RDMA     

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

Paper Submission

We invite submissions of technical papers, position papers, and case
studies relevant to the workshop. Submission implies the willingness of
at least one of the authors to present the paper and register.
Submission should include on the front page the authors' name,
affiliations, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers.

Please submit a full paper not exceeding 8 single-spaced pages in PDF or
Postscript form, page-numbered, in 10-point font or larger, and suitable
for printing on 8.5"x11" paper with at least 1 inch margin all around.
Please submit the full paper for consideration to this workshop to Hemal
Shah ([email-masked]) and James Pinkerton ([email-masked]) by
email.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

Important dates

Deadline for submission                          May 31, 2006

Notification of acceptance                      June 19, 2006

Camera ready papers                             July 10, 2006

Workshop date                                      September 28, 2006

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

Organizers

Program Co-chair: Hemal V. Shah, Broadcom Corporation

Program Co-chair: James Pinkerton, Microsoft Corporation

Program Committee

Jeff Chase, Duke University

Uri Elzur, Broadcom Corporation

Dirk Grunwald, University of Colorado, Boulder

Mike Ko, IBM Research

Michael Krause, Hewlett-Packard Company

Kai Li, Princeton University

Dhabaleswar Panda, Ohio State University

Fabrizio Petrini, Los Alamos National Laboratory

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp