Subject: [regext] Reviews, reviews, reviews

From: Patrick Mevzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 18:04:50 +0200

Hello,

Echoing final comments of Alexander/Jim during the working group session
(regarding fostering more input and review forces based on the current
amount of documents), I thought that it could maybe help directly if

- each registry (domain names or otherwise, since RDAP applies to RIR
also) already here on this mailing-list could contact its registrars or
some of them, pointing them to the work here, and especially if there
are for example EPP extensions that they plan to implement at some
future point (or that they may be contractually mandated to implement),
so that their clients, the registrars, are aware of that is coming
around, and being able to raise their concerns now

- and by symmetry, registrars here could invite registries with which
they are working to come here, specifically if they see stuff
interesting coming in the future and if they want their registry to
implement it.

So, just a thought if it can help, complementary to all other
initiatives that may foster participation.

-- 
Patrick Mevzek

---

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 07:21:30 +0000

Patrick,

> around, and being able to raise their concerns now

This is a good suggestion. I'll try to get a few interested registrars to look at some of the drafts. 

Additionally - I'm suggesting that registries also involve their (internal) implementors - usually, those see the Extensions only once there's an implementation project started. And, obviously, it would be easy for them to understand the implications of a draft level extension too. I'm looking for getting some of my developers to check the queue of extensions, too.

Alex