Subject: [regext] Protocol Action: 'Key Relay Mapping for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 15:38:31 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Key Relay Mapping for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Registration Protocols Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay/

Technical Summary

This document describes an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)
mapping for a key relay object that relays DNSSEC key material between
EPP clients using the poll queue defined in RFC5730. This key relay
mapping will help facilitate changing the DNS operator of a domain while
keeping the DNSSEC chain of trust intact.

Review and Consensus

When first introduced this document didn't get much attention. After the
Honolulu meeting the discussions started in earnest. The most
controversial question has been the introduction of a new "relay"
command. At last the working group decided that a simple object that is
managed by the standard EPP commands would be the way to go. At the
meeting in Prague several attendees indicated that they will implement
the extension. 

Personnel

Ulrich Wisser is the Document Shepherd.
Alissa Cooper is the responsible Area Director.