Subject: [regext] (lack of) privacy considerations draft-ietf-regext-verificationcode-00

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 10:49:00 +0100

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well. I am following up to the discussion in
Seoul of the lack of privacy considerations in
draft-ietf-regext-verificationcode-00 as well as other drafts in this WG.

The concerns I have with this specific draft are outlined in this blogpost:

https://www.article19.org/resources.php/resource/38577/en/corporate-actors-must-not-facilitate-human-rights-violations-through-new-chinese-rules

Which I would of course be more than happy to discuss with you in detail.

It might be useful for authors to review the Privacy Considerations for
Internet Protocols (RFC 6973) [0] and the draft Research into Guidelines
for Human Rights Protocol Considerations which is currently in research
group last call. All your reviews of the latter documents would thus
also be very much appreciated.

All the best,

Niels

[0] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6973
[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-research

-- 
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9