Subject: [Widex] Progress at W3C on REX specification

From: Dave Raggett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:06:10 +0100 (BST)

I have volunteered to take over as editor for REX with a view to 
being able to publish a new draft in the near future. The proposal 
is for the next draft to cover all of the DOM3 events along with the 
means to dynamically add and remove event listeners. The DOM3 event
specification itself is being progressed by the W3C Web API WG,
whilst REX is being developed by a joint task force set up by the
Web API and the SVG working groups.

The REX (Remote Events for XML) specification defines a transport 
agnostic XML syntax for the transmission of DOM events. and may be 
used to enable remote handlers for events and for remote dispatch of 
events. Mutation events can be applied to reflect changes to a 
remote DOM representation. As a first step to reorganizing the REX 
specification, I am working on a RelaxNG schema that mirrors the 
definition of the event interfaces in DOM3, namely, Event, UIEvent, 
TextEvent, MouseEvent, KeyboardEvent, and MutationEvent. The
specification is designed with a view to being extended for use
with other kinds of events (e.g. application specific events).

I will keep the Widex WG posted as to progress.

  Dave Raggett <[email-masked]>  W3C lead for multimodal interaction
  http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett +44 1225 866240 (or 867351)

_______________________________________________
Widex mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/widex