Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 7994 on Requirements for Plain-Text RFCs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 07:54:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7994

        Title:      Requirements for Plain-Text RFCs 
        Author:     H. Flanagan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15393
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-rfc-plaintext-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7994

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC7994

In 2013, after a great deal of community discussion, the decision was
made to shift from the plain-text, ASCII-only canonical format for
RFCs to XML as the canonical format with more human-readable formats
rendered from that XML.  The high-level requirements that informed
this change were defined in RFC 6949, "RFC Series Format Requirements
and Future Development".  Plain text remains an important format for
many in the IETF community, and it will be one of the publication
formats rendered from the XML.  This document outlines the rendering
requirements for the plain-text RFC publication format.  These
requirements do not apply to plain-text RFCs published before the
format transition.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org