Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 7997 on The Use of Non-ASCII Characters in RFCs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 07:55:41 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7997

        Title:      The Use of Non-ASCII Characters in RFCs 
        Author:     H. Flanagan, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 27637
        Updates:    RFC 7322

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-rfc-nonascii-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7997

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC7997

In order to support the internationalization of protocols and a more
diverse Internet community, the RFC Series must evolve to allow for
the use of non-ASCII characters in RFCs.  While English remains the
required language of the Series, the encoding of future RFCs will be
in UTF-8, allowing for a broader range of characters than typically
used in the English language.  This document describes the RFC Editor
requirements and gives guidance regarding the use of non-ASCII
characters in RFCs.

This document updates RFC 7322.  Please view this document in PDF
form to see the full text.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org