Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 7990 on RFC Format Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 07:53:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7990

        Title:      RFC Format Framework 
        Author:     H. Flanagan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34192
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-rfc-framework-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7990

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC7990

In order to improve the readability of RFCs while supporting their
archivability, the canonical format of the RFC Series will be
transitioning from plain-text ASCII to XML using the xml2rfc version
3 vocabulary; different publication formats will be rendered from
that base document.  With these changes comes an increase in
complexity for authors, consumers, and the publisher of RFCs.  This
document serves as the framework that provides the problem statement,
lays out a road map of the documents that capture the specific
requirements, and describes the transition plan.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org