Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8042 on OSPF Two-Part Metric

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 13:12:10 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8042

        Title:      OSPF Two-Part Metric 
        Author:     Z. Zhang, L. Wang, A. Lindem
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18496
        Updates:    RFC 2328

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-two-part-metric-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8042

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8042

This document specifies an optional OSPF protocol extension to
represent router metrics in a multi-access network in two parts: the
metric from the router to the network and the metric from the network
to the router.  For such networks, the router-to-router metric for
OSPF route computation is the sum of the two parts.  This document
updates RFC 2328.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org