Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8286 on RTP/RTCP Extension for RTP Splicing Notification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 17:23:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8286

        Title:      RTP/RTCP Extension for RTP Splicing 
                    Notification 
        Author:     J. Xia,
                    R. Even,
                    R. Huang,
                    L. Deng
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 45384
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtext-splicing-notification-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8286

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8286

Content splicing is a process that replaces the content of a main
multimedia stream with other multimedia content and that delivers the
substitutive multimedia content to the receivers for a period of
time.  The splicer is designed to handle RTP splicing and needs to
know when to start and end the splicing.

This memo defines two RTP/RTCP extensions to indicate the
splicing-related information to the splicer: an RTP header extension
that conveys the information "in band" and an RTP Control Protocol
(RTCP) packet that conveys the information out of band.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org