Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8258 on Generalized SCSI: A Generic Structure for Interface Switching Capability Descriptor (ISCD) Switching Capability Specific Information (SCSI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 16:27:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8258

        Title:      Generalized SCSI: A Generic Structure for
                    Interface Switching Capability Descriptor (ISCD) 
                    Switching Capability Specific Information (SCSI) 
        Author:     D. Ceccarelli,
                    L. Berger
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14436
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-scsi-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8258

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8258

This document defines a generic information structure for information
carried in routing protocol Interface Switching Capability Descriptor
(ISCD) Switching Capability Specific Information (SCSI) fields.  This
"Generalized SCSI" can be used with routing protocols that define
GMPLS ISCDs and any specific technology.  This document does not
modify any existing technology-specific formats and is defined for
use in conjunction with new GMPLS Switching Capability types.  The
context for this document is Generalized MPLS, and the reader is
expected to be familiar with the GMPLS architecture and associated
protocol standards.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org