Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8253 on PCEPS: Usage of TLS to Provide a Secure Transport for the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 16:42:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8253

        Title:      PCEPS: Usage of TLS to 
                    Provide a Secure Transport for the 
                    Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) 
        Author:     D. Lopez, 
                    O. Gonzalez de Dios,
                    Q. Wu, 
                    D. Dhody
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 56767
        Updates:    RFC 5440

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pceps-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8253

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8253

The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) defines
the mechanisms for the communication between a Path Computation
Client (PCC) and a Path Computation Element (PCE), or among PCEs.
This document describes PCEPS -- the usage of Transport Layer
Security (TLS) to provide a secure transport for PCEP.  The
additional security mechanisms are provided by the transport protocol
supporting PCEP; therefore, they do not affect the flexibility and
extensibility of PCEP.

This document updates RFC 5440 in regards to the PCEP initialization
phase procedures.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org