Subject: [rfc-dist] BCP 212, RFC 8252 on OAuth 2.0 for Native Apps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 10:04:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 212        
        RFC 8252

        Title:      OAuth 2.0 for Native Apps 
        Author:     W. Denniss,
                    J. Bradley
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 49680
        Updates:    RFC 6749
        See Also:   BCP 212

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-native-apps-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8252

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8252

OAuth 2.0 authorization requests from native apps should only be made
through external user-agents, primarily the user's browser.  This
specification details the security and usability reasons why this is
the case and how native apps and authorization servers can implement
this best practice.

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org