Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8272 on TinyIPFIX for Smart Meters in Constrained Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 19:45:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8272

        Title:      TinyIPFIX for Smart Meters in 
                    Constrained Networks 
        Author:     C. Schmitt, 
                    B. Stiller,
                    B. Trammell
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       November 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 66447
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-schmitt-ipfix-tiny-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8272

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8272

This document specifies the TinyIPFIX protocol that is used for
transmitting smart-metering data in constrained networks such as IPv6
over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks (6LoWPAN, RFC 4944).
TinyIPFIX is derived from IP Flow Information Export (RFC 7011) and
adopted to the needs of constrained networks.  This document
specifies how the TinyIPFIX Data and Template Records are transmitted
in constrained networks such as 6LoWPAN and how TinyIPFIX data can be
converted into data that is not TinyIPFIX in a proxy device.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org