Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8306 on Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 21:22:22 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8306

        Title:      Extensions to the Path Computation Element
                    Communication Protocol (PCEP) for 
                    Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering
                    Label Switched Paths 
        Author:     Q. Zhao,
                    D. Dhody, Ed., 
                    R. Palleti,
                    D. King
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 81269
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6006

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-rfc6006bis-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8306

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8306

Point-to-point Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized
MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE LSPs) may
be established using signaling techniques, but their paths may first
need to be determined.  The Path Computation Element (PCE) has been
identified as an appropriate technology for the determination of the
paths of point-to-multipoint (P2MP) TE LSPs.

This document describes extensions to the PCE Communication Protocol
(PCEP) to handle requests and responses for the computation of paths
for P2MP TE LSPs.

This document obsoletes RFC 6006.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org