Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8261 on Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Encapsulation of SCTP Packets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 23:15:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8261

        Title:      Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) 
                    Encapsulation of SCTP Packets 
        Author:     M. Tuexen, 
                    R. Stewart,
                    R. Jesup, 
                    S. Loreto
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21035
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8261

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8261

The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is a transport
protocol originally defined to run on top of the network protocols
IPv4 or IPv6.  This document specifies how SCTP can be used on top of
the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol.  Using the
encapsulation method described in this document, SCTP is unaware of
the protocols being used below DTLS; hence, explicit IP addresses
cannot be used in the SCTP control chunks.  As a consequence, the
SCTP associations carried over DTLS can only be single-homed.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org