Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8260 on Stream Schedulers and User Message Interleaving for the Stream Control Transmission Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 23:15:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8260

        Title:      Stream Schedulers and User Message 
                    Interleaving for the Stream Control Transmission 
                    Protocol 
        Author:     R. Stewart, 
                    M. Tuexen,
                    S. Loreto, 
                    R. Seggelmann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 50887
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-ndata-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8260

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8260

The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is a message-oriented
transport protocol supporting arbitrarily large user messages.  This
document adds a new chunk to SCTP for carrying payload data.  This
allows a sender to interleave different user messages that would
otherwise result in head-of-line blocking at the sender.  The
interleaving of user messages is required for WebRTC data channels.

Whenever an SCTP sender is allowed to send user data, it may choose
from multiple outgoing SCTP streams.  Multiple ways for performing
this selection, called stream schedulers, are defined in this
document.  A stream scheduler can choose to either implement, or not
implement, user message interleaving.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org