Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8284 on Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Schema for Supporting the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) in White Pages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 21:22:19 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8284

        Title:      Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) 
                    Schema for Supporting the Extensible Messaging 
                    and Presence Protocol (XMPP) in White Pages 
        Author:     S. Kille
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11026
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kille-ldap-xmpp-schema-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8284

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8284

The Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) identifies
users by use of Jabber IDs (JIDs).  The Lightweight Directory Access
Protocol (LDAP) enables provision of a white pages service with a
schema relating to users and support for Internet protocols.  This
specification defines a schema to enable XMPP JIDs to be associated
with objects in an LDAP directory so that this information can be
used with white pages applications.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org