Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8287 on Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Traceroute for Segment Routing (SR) IGP-Prefix and IGP-Adjacency Segment Identifiers (SIDs) with MPLS Data Planes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:00:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8287

        Title:      Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Traceroute 
                    for Segment Routing (SR) IGP-Prefix and 
                    IGP-Adjacency Segment Identifiers (SIDs) with MPLS 
                    Data Planes 
        Author:     N. Kumar, Ed.,
                    C. Pignataro, Ed.,
                    G. Swallow,
                    N. Akiya,
                    S. Kini,
                    M. Chen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 49976
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8287

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8287

A Segment Routing (SR) architecture leverages source routing and
tunneling paradigms and can be directly applied to the use of a
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) data plane.  A node steers a
packet through a controlled set of instructions called "segments" by
prepending the packet with an SR header.

The segment assignment and forwarding semantic nature of SR raises
additional considerations for connectivity verification and fault
isolation for a Label Switched Path (LSP) within an SR architecture.
This document illustrates the problem and defines extensions to
perform LSP Ping and Traceroute for Segment Routing IGP-Prefix and
IGP-Adjacency Segment Identifiers (SIDs) with an MPLS data plane.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org