Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8268 on More Modular Exponentiation (MODP) Diffie-Hellman (DH) Key Exchange (KEX) Groups for Secure Shell (SSH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 12:08:28 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8268

        Title:      More Modular Exponentiation (MODP) Diffie-Hellman 
                    (DH) Key Exchange (KEX) Groups for 
                    Secure Shell (SSH) 
        Author:     M. Baushke
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16318
        Updates:    RFC 4250, RFC 4253

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-modp-dh-sha2-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8268

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8268

This document defines added Modular Exponentiation (MODP) groups for
the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol using SHA-2 hashes.  This document
updates RFC 4250.  This document updates RFC 4253 by correcting an
error regarding checking the Peer's DH Public Key.

This document is a product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org