Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8326 on Graceful BGP Session Shutdown

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 14:49:09 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8326

        Title:      Graceful BGP Session Shutdown 
        Author:     P. Francois, Ed.,
                    B. Decraene, Ed.,
                    C. Pelsser,
                    K. Patel,
                    C. Filsfils
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 21701
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-bgp-gshut-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8326

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8326

This document standardizes a new well-known BGP community,
GRACEFUL_SHUTDOWN, to signal the graceful shutdown of paths.  This
document also describes operational procedures that use this
well-known community to reduce the amount of traffic lost when BGP peering
sessions are about to be shut down deliberately, e.g., for planned
maintenance.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org