Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8356 on Experimental Codepoint Allocation for the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 22:03:47 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8356

        Title:      Experimental Codepoint Allocation for the 
                    Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) 
        Author:     D. Dhody, 
                    D. King,
                    A. Farrel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14283
        Updates:    RFC 5440

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pcep-exp-codepoints-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8356

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8356

IANA assigns values to the Path Computation Element Communication
Protocol (PCEP) parameters (messages, objects, TLVs).  IANA
established a top-level registry to contain all PCEP codepoints and
sub-registries.  This top-level registry contains sub-registries for
PCEP message, object, and TLV types.  The allocation policy for each
of these sub-registries is IETF Review.

This document updates RFC 5440 by changing the allocation policies
for these three registries to mark some of the codepoints as assigned
for Experimental Use.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org