Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8328 on Policy-Based Management Framework for the Simplified Use of Policy Abstractions (SUPA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 11:40:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8328

        Title:      Policy-Based Management Framework for the 
                    Simplified Use of Policy Abstractions (SUPA) 
        Author:     W. Liu, 
                    C. Xie,
                    J. Strassner, 
                    G. Karagiannis,
                    M. Klyus,
                    J. Bi,
                    Y. Cheng, 
                    D. Zhang
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33046
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-liu-policy-based-management-framework-00.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8328

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8328

The Simplified Use of Policy Abstractions (SUPA) policy-based
management framework defines base YANG data models to encode policy.
These models point to device-, technology-, and service-specific YANG
data models developed elsewhere.  Policy rules within an operator's
environment can be used to express high-level, possibly network-wide,
policies to a network management function (within a controller, an
orchestrator, or a network element).  The network management function
can then control the configuration and/or monitoring of network
elements and services.  This document describes the SUPA basic
framework, its elements, and interfaces.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org