Subject: [rfc-dist] BCP 214, RFC 8327 on Mitigating the Negative Impact of Maintenance through BGP Session Culling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 14:49:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 214        
        RFC 8327

        Title:      Mitigating the Negative Impact of 
                    Maintenance through BGP Session Culling 
        Author:     W. Hargrave,
                    M. Griswold,
                    J. Snijders,
                    N. Hilliard
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 18087
        See Also:   BCP 214

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-bgp-session-culling-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8327

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8327

This document outlines an approach to mitigate the negative impact on
networks resulting from maintenance activities.  It includes guidance
for both IP networks and Internet Exchange Points (IXPs).  The
approach is to ensure BGP-4 sessions that will be affected by
maintenance are forcefully torn down before the actual maintenance
activities commence.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org