Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8358 on Update to Digital Signatures on Internet-Draft Documents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 17:07:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8358

        Title:      Update to Digital Signatures on 
                    Internet-Draft Documents 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19954
        Updates:    RFC 5485

        I-D Tag:    draft-housley-id-sig-update-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8358

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8358

RFC 5485 specifies the conventions for digital signatures on
Internet-Drafts.  The Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) is used to
create a detached signature, which is stored in a separate companion
file so that no existing utilities are impacted by the addition of
the digital signature.

The RFC Editor recently published the first RFC that includes non-
ASCII characters in a text file.  The conventions specified in RFC
7997 were followed.  We assume that non-ASCII characters will soon
start appearing in Internet-Drafts as well.  This document updates
the handling of digital signatures on Internet-Drafts that contain
non-ASCII characters in a text file.

This document updates RFC 5485.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org