Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8395 on Extensions to BGP-Signaled Pseudowires to Support Flow-Aware Transport Labels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 22:36:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8395

        Title:      Extensions to BGP-Signaled Pseudowires to 
                    Support Flow-Aware Transport Labels 
        Author:     K. Patel,
                    S. Boutros,
                    J. Liste,
                    B. Wen,
                    J. Rabadan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 17404
        Updates:    RFC 4761

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-fat-pw-bgp-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8395

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8395

This document defines protocol extensions required to synchronize flow
label states among Provider Edges (PEs) when using the BGP-based
signaling procedures.  These protocol extensions are equally
applicable to point-to-point Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
(L2VPNs).  This document updates RFC 4761 by defining new flags in the
Control Flags field of the Layer2 Info Extended Community.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org