Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8382 on Shared Bottleneck Detection for Coupled Congestion Control for RTP Media

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 23:00:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8382

        Title:      Shared Bottleneck Detection for
                    Coupled Congestion Control for RTP Media 
        Author:     D. Hayes, Ed.,
                    S. Ferlin,
                    M. Welzl,
                    K. Hiorth
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 49095
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8382

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8382

This document describes a mechanism to detect whether end-to-end data
flows share a common bottleneck.  This mechanism relies on summary
statistics that are calculated based on continuous measurements and
used as input to a grouping algorithm that runs wherever the
knowledge is needed.

This document is a product of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org