Subject: [rfc-dist] STD 92, RFC 8011 on Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 14:41:49 -0700 (PDT)

This is now an Internet Standard.

        STD 92        
        RFC 8011

        Title:      Internet Printing Protocol/1.1:
                    Model and Semantics 
        Author:     M. Sweet,
                    I. McDonald
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      221
        Characters: 535490
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2911, RFC 3381, RFC 3382
        See Also:   STD 92

        I-D Tag:    draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8011

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8011

The Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) is an application-level protocol
for distributed printing using Internet tools and technologies.  This
document describes a simplified model consisting of abstract objects,
attributes, and operations that is independent of encoding and
transport.  The model consists of several objects, including Printers
and Jobs.  Jobs optionally support multiple Documents.

IPP semantics allow End Users and Operators to query Printer
capabilities; submit Print Jobs; inquire about the status of Print
Jobs and Printers; and cancel, hold, and release Print Jobs.  IPP
semantics also allow Operators to pause and resume Jobs and Printers.

Security, internationalization, and directory issues are also
addressed by the model and semantics.  The IPP message encoding and
transport are described in "Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Encoding                                  
and Transport" (RFC 8010).

This document obsoletes RFCs 2911, 3381, and 3382.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org