Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8404 on Effects of Pervasive Encryption on Operators

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 15:45:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8404

        Title:      Effects of Pervasive Encryption on 
                    Operators 
        Author:     K. Moriarty, Ed.,
                    A. Morton, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 143895
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-25.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8404

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8404

Pervasive monitoring attacks on the privacy of Internet users are of
serious concern to both user and operator communities.  RFC 7258
discusses the critical need to protect users' privacy when developing
IETF specifications and also recognizes that making networks
unmanageable to mitigate pervasive monitoring is not an acceptable
outcome: an appropriate balance is needed.  This document discusses
current security and network operations as well as management
practices that may be impacted by the shift to increased use of
encryption to help guide protocol development in support of
manageable and secure networks.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org