Subject: [rfc-dist] Moved to Proposed Standard: RFC 5289 on TLS Elliptic Curve Cipher Suites with SHA-256/384 and AES Galois Counter Mode (GCM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 12:51:41 -0700 (PDT)

RFC 5289 has been reclassified as Proposed Standard.

        RFC 5289

        Title:      TLS Elliptic Curve Cipher Suites 
                    with SHA-256/384 and AES Galois Counter 
                    Mode (GCM) 
        Author:     E. Rescorla
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12195
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-ecc-new-mac-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc5289

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC5289

RFC 4492 describes elliptic curve cipher suites for Transport Layer
Security (TLS).  However, all those cipher suites use HMAC-SHA-1 as
their Message Authentication Code (MAC) algorithm.  This document
describes sixteen new cipher suites for TLS that specify stronger MAC
algorithms.  Eight use Hashed Message Authentication Code (HMAC) with
SHA-256 or SHA-384, and eight use AES in Galois Counter Mode (GCM).  
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org