Subject: [rfc-dist] Moved to Historic: RFC 4757 on The RC4-HMAC Kerberos Encryption Types Used by Microsoft Windows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 15:52:57 -0700 (PDT)

RFC 4757 has been reclassified as Historic.

        RFC 4757

        Title:      The RC4-HMAC Kerberos Encryption Types 
                    Used by Microsoft Windows 
        Author:     K. Jaganathan, L. Zhu,
                    J. Brezak
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2006
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 36562
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jaganathan-rc4-hmac-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc4757

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC4757

The Microsoft Windows 2000 implementation of Kerberos introduces a
new encryption type based on the RC4 encryption algorithm and using
an MD5 HMAC for checksum.  This is offered as an alternative to using
the existing DES-based encryption types.

The RC4-HMAC encryption types are used to ease upgrade of existing
Windows NT environments, provide strong cryptography (128-bit key lengths),
and provide exportable (meet United States government export
restriction requirements) encryption.  This document describes the
implementation of those encryption types.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org