Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8417 on Security Event Token (SET)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 22:14:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8417

        Title:      Security Event Token (SET) 
        Author:     P. Hunt, Ed.,
                    M. Jones, 
                    W. Denniss,
                    M. Ansari
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 64672
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-secevent-token-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8417

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8417

This specification defines the Security Event Token (SET) data
structure.  A SET describes statements of fact from the perspective
of an issuer about a subject.  These statements of fact represent an
event that occurred directly to or about a security subject, for
example, a statement about the issuance or revocation of a token on
behalf of a subject.  This specification is intended to enable
representing security- and identity-related events.  A SET is a JSON
Web Token (JWT), which can be optionally signed and/or encrypted.
SETs can be distributed via protocols such as HTTP.

This document is a product of the Security Events Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org