Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8449 on Record Size Limit Extension for TLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 16:55:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8449

        Title:      Record Size Limit Extension for TLS 
        Author:     M. Thomson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 18932
        Updates:    RFC 6066

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-record-limit-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8449

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8449

An extension to Transport Layer Security (TLS) is defined that allows
endpoints to negotiate the maximum size of protected records that
each will send the other.

This replaces the maximum fragment length extension defined in
RFC 6066.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org