Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8447 on IANA Registry Updates for TLS and DTLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 16:54:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8447

        Title:      IANA Registry Updates for TLS and DTLS 
        Author:     J. Salowey,
                    S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 44773
        Updates:    RFC 3749, RFC 4680, RFC 5077, RFC 5246,  
                    RFC 5705, RFC 5878, RFC 6520, RFC 7301

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8447

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8447

This document describes a number of changes to TLS and DTLS IANA
registries that range from adding notes to the registry all the way
to changing the registration policy.  These changes were mostly
motivated by WG review of the TLS- and DTLS-related registries
undertaken as part of the TLS 1.3 development process.

This document updates the following RFCs: 3749, 5077, 4680, 5246,
5705, 5878, 6520, and 7301.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org