Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8434 on Requirements for Parallel NFS (pNFS) Layout Types

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 14:30:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8434

        Title:      Requirements for Parallel NFS (pNFS) 
                    Layout Types 
        Author:     T. Haynes
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 39625
        Updates:    RFC 5661

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-layout-types-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8434

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8434

This document defines the requirements that individual Parallel NFS
(pNFS) layout types need to meet in order to work within the pNFS
framework as defined in RFC 5661.  In so doing, this document aims to
clearly distinguish between requirements for pNFS as a whole and
those specifically directed to the pNFS file layout.  The lack of a
clear separation between the two sets of requirements has been
troublesome for those specifying and evaluating new layout types.  In
this regard, this document updates RFC 5661.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org