Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8438 on IMAP Extension for STATUS=SIZE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 13:27:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8438

        Title:      IMAP Extension for STATUS=SIZE 
        Author:     S. Bosch
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10672
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-extra-imap-status-size-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8438

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8438

This document adds a new capability called "STATUS=SIZE" to the
Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP).  It allows retrieving the
total storage size of a mailbox with a single STATUS command rather
than retrieving and summing the sizes of all individual messages in
that mailbox.

This document is a product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise or Amend Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org