Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8467 on Padding Policies for Extension Mechanisms for DNS (EDNS(0))

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 17:48:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8467

        Title:      Padding Policies for Extension Mechanisms 
                    for DNS (EDNS(0)) 
        Author:     A. Mayrhofer
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19435
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dprive-padding-policy-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8467

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8467

RFC 7830 specifies the "Padding" option for Extension Mechanisms for
DNS (EDNS(0)) but does not specify the actual padding length for
specific applications.  This memo lists the possible options
("padding policies"), discusses the implications of each option, and
provides a recommended (experimental) option.

This document is a product of the DNS PRIVate Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org