Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8466 on A YANG Data Model for Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN) Service Delivery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 13:49:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8466

        Title:      A YANG Data Model for 
                    Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN) 
                    Service Delivery 
        Author:     B. Wen, 
                    G. Fioccola, Ed.,
                    C. Xie,
                    L. Jalil
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      158
        Characters: 315113
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8466

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8466

This document defines a YANG data model that can be used to configure
a Layer 2 provider-provisioned VPN service.  It is up to a management
system to take this as an input and generate specific configuration
models to configure the different network elements to deliver the
service.  How this configuration of network elements is done is out
of scope for this document.

The YANG data model defined in this document includes support for
point-to-point Virtual Private Wire Services (VPWSs) and multipoint
Virtual Private LAN Services (VPLSs) that use Pseudowires signaled
using the Label Distribution Protocol (LDP) and the Border Gateway
Protocol (BGP) as described in RFCs 4761 and 6624.

The YANG data model defined in this document conforms to the Network
Management Datastore Architecture defined in RFC 8342.

This document is a product of the L2VPN Service Model Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org