Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8487 on Mtrace Version 2: Traceroute Facility for IP Multicast

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 22:16:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8487

        Title:      Mtrace Version 2: Traceroute Facility 
                    for IP Multicast 
        Author:     H. Asaeda,
                    K. Meyer,
                    W. Lee. Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 96547
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-26.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8487

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8487

This document describes the IP multicast traceroute facility, named
Mtrace version 2 (Mtrace2).  Unlike unicast traceroute, Mtrace2
requires special implementations on the part of routers.  This
specification describes the required functionality in multicast
routers, as well as how an Mtrace2 client invokes a Query and
receives a Reply.

This document is a product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org