Subject: Re: [rfc-i] RFC Series publishes first RFC with non-ASCII characters

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 22:51:22 +0200

One usability comment:

As a frequent reader of RFC, primarily using the text format, it would be
great if there was a human readable tag, eg: as another header line indicating
enough about the format used by the document to quickly know what the
minimum required viewer is to get a guaranteed correct display
- ASCII, UTF8, HTML (when graphics are needed), ...

Eg:

Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)                        J. Reschke
Request for Comments: 8187                                    greenbytes
Obsoletes: 5987                                           September 2017
Category: Standards Track
Format: ASCII / UTF8 / "graphics" / ...

Cheers
    Toerless
_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest

---

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 22:48:02 +0200

One usability comment:

Eg:

Cheers
    Toerless