Subject: [rfc-i] Update on miscategorized RFCs

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 16:14:16 -0700

Hello all,

During the rfcplusplus BoF at IETF 102, the BoF chairs presented slides 
that included data regarding how many standards track and BCP documents 
were published in the various document streams. The information for 
those slides came out of a query to the RFC Editor database, and 
uncovered that 22 documents [1] had been attributed to the Independent 
Submission stream incorrectly. .

After evaluating each of those documents, the RFC Editor determined that 
all 22 were published between April 2003 - August 2004. The source data 
was recorded incorrectly at that time.

The categorization of those documents has been corrected, and a broader 
data audit will be done later this year to make sure there are no 
similar miscategorizations of, for example, IETF RFCs that should be 
marked as in the Independent Submissions stream.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

-Heather Flanagan, RSE

[1] Miscategorized RFCs

https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3516
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3534
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3595
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3598
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3601
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3629
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3641
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3642
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3671
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3672
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3673
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3674
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3681
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3683
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3685
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3687
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3698
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3771
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3826
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3856
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3857
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3858

_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest