Subject: [Rfc-markdown] New xml2rfc release: v2.37.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 09:06:51 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.37.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.37.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Added a new element <contact> with the same attributes and child
    elements as <author>, except for @role.  As a child element of
    <section> it will create a name and address block, as for authors in
    the Authors' Addresses section; as a child of <t> it will create an
    inline name entry, similar to <author> in citations.

  * Changed the handling of block elements within table cells to re-wrap
    for better column fit.  Fixes issue #454.

  * Added an error for references without anchor (in v2; in v3 this will
    be caught by the schema validation step).  Fixes issue #412.

  * Changed error handling in a couple of places so as to result in
    non-zero command-line exit values on errors.  Fixes issue #464.

  * Tweaked the <cref> text renderer to not apply <t> paragraph filling to
    the <cref> content.  Fixes an issue raised by [email-masked].

  * Changed layout of multiple instances of <extaddr> and <street> to show
    on separate lines instead of one line, comma-separated.  Changed one
    notice message to warning.

  * Added an option to silence warnings and notices starting with given
    strings.

  * Changed the HTML renderer to not emit email information in both
    primary and alternative author address blocks.

  * Added a test case using the new <contact> element, and added a couple
    of email addresses for increased coverage of email address placement
    when non-ascii address information is present.

  * Updated the handling of non-latin address information in the text
    format to follow RFC7997 and the HTML output more closely.

  * Added generation of v3.rng from v3.rnc to the Makefile, and fixed a
    schema error in the .rng file

  * Changed the default content downcoding done for things like 'smart
    quotes' to only apply to text content, not to XML element attributes.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  09 Dec 2019 14:50:54 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.37.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)