Subject: [Rfc-markdown] New xml2rfc release: v2.38.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 10:36:15 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.38.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.38.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Tweaked the preptool handling of <xref> in <toc>.  Further addresses
    issue #466, fixing an issue that could occur if a section used for
    instance <sub> or <sup>.

  * Fixed an off-by-one error in list indexing during text wrapping of
    first page header content.  Fixes issue #483.

  * Tweaked the output for <xref format='title'> when refering to Reference 
    entries.

  * Fixed a Py2/Py3 code compatibility issue

  * Tweaked the handling of <artwork type='ascii-art'> to insert '(Artwork 
    only available as ...)' text also for text content which is only whitespace.

  * Changed utils.isblock() to use a list of element tags derived from the 
    schema instead of a static list, to avoid discrepancies between schema
    and code.

  * Changed the parser's handling of inter-element blank text to keep instead 
    of remove, in order to not drop intentional blank space between for 
    instance <xref> instances.

  * Reverted the silencing of warnings related to postal address input.  
    Addresses issue #437.

  * Added code to deal better with <iref> as a direct child of <section>.  
    Fixes issue #479.

  * Fixed a bug where text after <iref> was lost by the text formatter.  
    Fixes issue #480

  * Added an option to list recognised country names for use with 
    <country>, and changed the note() emitted for unrecognized countries to a 
    warning.  Added some new alternative country strings.

  * Updated test masters

  * Fixed a problem with <author> entries with only <organization> 
    information.  Fixes issue #424.

  * Added a minimum width setting for tables, in order to avoid table 
    captions rendering in very narrow space when the table itself is narrow.  
    Fixes issue #482.

  * Avoid double space after initial when <contact> is rendered inline.  
    Fixes issue #478.

  * Added code to recognise another case of inconsistent table row cell 
    counts and report the issue.

  * Added 'P.R. China' as a recognized country name.

  * From Python 3.2 and later, cgi.encode() is deprecated.  Changed to use
    html.encode() instead.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  14 Jan 2020 18:08:08 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.38.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)